Roll Call: 40's in the SF Bay Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I've been spotting more and more 40's around the Bay Area, and been wanting to take a tally and see who's out there.
Would help with things like sharing updated info on local mechanics, events, places to wheel etc...

I'm Sani. I live in the East bay and am an East Coast transplant.
bought my 40 around 15 years ago when I was living in Mississippi and have been slowly working on her.
Currently runs well, vacuum leak FINALLY resolved, but still stinks of fumes.

Before (2004)
rize and shine.jpg

cleaning the tub 001.jpg

Currently
IMG_2358.jpg

Super close to buying one right now. Just trying to get the wifey and seller to come close enough price to allow me to purchase. Lol. I'm in San Mateo as well. Really hope it happens.

Did you buy it from a guy named Nolan ?
In the clubhouse section check Pacific Mountain Cruisers, the club has members from all over bay area and schedules group events throughout the year.

Santa Cruz Mountains here! 69 has not been on the road for a few years.Just need some time to get it running.Cool thread as there’s always hope! Had mine since 97’!

603E7949-4AD9-43B5-901A-FFA3CFE93576.png

Santa Cruz Mountains here! 69 has not been on the road for a few years.Just need some time to get it running.Cool thread as there’s always hope! Had mine since 97’!

View attachment 2144102
Maybe this thread can provide some incentive To get her fired up again!

South bay - Cupertino. Not on the road much, but still trying to squeeze in as much time as I can cleaning things up. I see the occasional 40/60 around here and it always reminds me to keep working on mine :)

IMG_4057.JPG

Santa Rosa

Santa Cruz as well, more specifically La Selva, but only locals know where the heck that is. Always looking to drag some other fools on my camping trips for those that will take their rides into the wilderness.

Peter
DSC_0864_2.jpg
IMG_6105.JPG

What needs to get done with that. Looks like its just collecting rust up there.
Hey Peter you are correct there on the rust part! It’s mostly neglect and having too many other projects.I think all it needs is a good baseline and tuneup I had it turning over but not starting last time I wrenched on it.Has it’s share of wiring issues and being outside is definitely not helping.So probably need to clean up contacts and grounds and check battery(it’s a optima red top)Definitely needs some work.Nice trail pic and a great looking 40! I’m up in Brookdale and yea locals know LaSelva!! Love it down there Manresa is one one my favorite places to surf!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom