roll cage and seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can you guys reccomend some cheap bucket seats for my 40 i want some bucket seats that will be able to have some 5 point harness belts but also i was wondering. how can i get a roll cage and keep my rear seats and what roll cage company or dealer has it? thanks guys :)

Where in CA are you located? There are several fabricators of roll cages and probably one in your area. If you can weld or know someone who can do search and Metal Tec will come up a lot.
For seats do a search as well. What do you consider cheap?

petescoffee i live right next to you almost i live in pleasanton and i consider cheap like 200 for a front and rear cage and seats im not sure what i want to do for the brackets? :)

Go to the junk yard and find some seats that you like. You might be able to find a used stock roll bar local. Then buy a front cage kit. You will end up with a nice looking show bar. If you want a roll bar see Metal Tech.

I just put some leather buckets from a 740 Volvo in my FJ 40. They seem like they are going to work out well. I don't have a cage yet, just a bar.

If I had to chose I would go with the chepest seats or keep what you have and spend the $$$ on the bar defently check out Metal Tech certain things you dont want to go cheep on and a cage is one of them.....................

I have some cheap junkyard seats out of a Mazda sports car (I think). I did not install them. Anyway my back bothers me pretty quick. And that's just driving back and forth to work and running errands. I feel fine in my 4Runner. So now I need to swap out my seats. It's not fun when your not comfortable. So choose wisely my friend.

Get some Volvo seats. They are some of the most comfortable I have ever sat in. They have an adjustable lumbar support and are heated

Yeah you are right down the highway.
$200. will be hard to do on the cage.
Look for a used one or do the front hoops to the stock cage.
The cheapest cage I found in the bay area that was still well made was at 4 wheel drive specialties in concord. It was still more that $200 though. He uses a large diameter pipe and likes to come straight down to the floor pan in the front. This tends to be a knee wacker. A full family cage in the bay area could cost as much as $1,600. depending on where you go.
You might check out Wicked fabrications down in San Jose. You can find his web site on the www.pirate4x4.com board. I have not seen his work in person and do not know how much he charges.
For Seats, you should have come to the PMC swap meet. I sold a set of Corbeau's for $200. The Corbeaus have a seat bracket that works with the FJ40's. The seats new run $200. each plus brackets.
Check out the Pick N pull for some Volvo Seats. Supposedly they bolt in with a little drilling.

Post up some pictures of you ride.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom