Roll Bar With Long Jump Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 71 which I have the long rear bench seats for. A P/O put in a roll cage which is in the way me mounting the seats back into the vehicle. Is there a model that has both the long bench seats and a roll bar. I know that the 71 didn't come with the roll bar like later models, however my kids will be riding with me and I want at least a little protection for them, with a somewhat factory look. I have thought of converting to short jump seats and a later model roll bar, but I don't know. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated especially with pictures.

Bud, I had the same problem when I bought my 1970 many years ago. I ended up mounting the roll bar securely and then built simple (but secure) brackets to hold the seats and moved the rubber feet on the bottom. I ended up spacing the seats out away from the sidewall. Eventually, I swapped out the long seats for the shorter ones.

look at the rigs by fj.co

They do the long jump seat thing on lots of there rigs. They have some nice high res pics that can give you some ideas.

I have installed a factory Roll bar with long seats. It is a tighter fit, but definitely doable. Will search for some pictures.

Dumb question but how do you tell if your seats are “long”? Cushion length is....

I can measure mine when i get off work. But mine go dang near from the back of the driver/pass seat to the rear corner.

Photo with Roll Bar and "Long Jump Seat"

Boaf
Photo.jpg

I also had the same situation. Installed a roll bar on my "73, but wanted to keep the long jump seats. I made up brackets that bolt through the metal seat back and slip over the roll bar. Then self tapping bolts fasten it to the roll bar. For the seat bottom I made up some brackets that the rubber pads rest on when folded down. At the very rear of the seat there was an arm rest that I cut off and ground down. Then wire brush the seat frames, prime, paint and reupholster and installed.

20190821_201431.jpg

20190821_201552.jpg

20190821_201450.jpg

Thanks for the help and the pictures def help alot. now i just gotta find me a factory roll bar here in SoDak or buy a sport bar from SOR

For you Long Seat people, my jump seat cushion is 36” at the longest part. Is that long?

Here is how I tackled the long jump seat/roll bar...

Hopefully this brings you to the right post....Goes from post #53 to around post #60.

I think I’ll bend this kind of roll bar (attached). Thanks to someone Mud-member, I don’t remember which thread I found this.

Attachments

• assy_PRINT.pdf
    129.6 KB · Views: 73
Anyone have wider pics of this setup? Showing brackets etc? Anyone have pics of the SOR setup? Don’t see any on their website just the list. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom