Roll bar questions/recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Brand new member/ brand new 40 owner- need to install a roll bar in my 71 soft top, looking for some guidance as to best options and sources (O.E.M. front bench and rear jump seats installed). I won’t be crawling, just not a fan of having nothing but a shaky frame between me and a head injury should I have a problem...and I can’t/won’t do any off-road without one.
It’s getting ready for paint now so I need to move pretty quickly. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I saw the Metal Tech just wanted to know if I missed a better one. Thanks, hope to attend a meeting soon.

I’m not one to recommend a roll but I do have the front section we cut off my brothers 40. Free if you want it or anyone else that may want it. Thanks and good luck on your research. Jimmy

I’m not one to recommend a roll but I do have the front section we cut off my brothers 40. Free if you want it or anyone else that may want it. Thanks and good luck on your research. Jimmy
Thanks- not sure what I’d do with just a part of one. My fabricating skills are close to a zero...appreciate the response!

I got the Jackson roll cage from Metal Tech and really like it. I have a hard top and had no fitment issues. I got mine unassembled and a local welder put it together for me for $100. I got the frame supports as well. Made my 40 a lot more solid.

Looks like metal tech is the winner. I’ll call them to verify if I can keep the factory soft top.
Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom