Roll bar/cage for 60 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would figure a 60 series' roof would be rugged enough for a slow topple out on the trail but I go to school about 1000 miles away from home. Therefore, when I get my new HJ60 on the road, it will see as many on-road miles as it will off-road miles, if not more. My worry is an on-road highway, or at least higher speed, accident where the cruiser may roll more violently causing collapse.

Anyway, are there any roll bar/cage kits out there for a 60 series cruiser? Or am I gonna need to got out some tubing and do it myself? :-\ I'd like to try and avoid a situation as illustrated below. Thanks, SAFETY FIRST! :p

Looking in an older (2002) SOR catalogue, I saw one for a 60/62 that seemed to cover the cargo area and up to behind the front seats, no windshield hoop or bars. It seemed like a good place to start but I can't find it anymore anyone know about this?

Personally I wouldn't trust that SOR POS with my life ::)

If you wan't the safety of a roll cage, you gotta go all the way. The sor one I believe just bolts onto the floor. Not much for structural integrity there. Gotta tie it into the frame. That being said, you'll probably have to make, or have one made.

track down a custom shop in your area with experience in rally car cages...these are custom done, internal, and very tight to the stock body for maximum clearance. The guy who did my cage does these, and they are sweet.

Check with Wally's Cruiser Emporium down in Pownal. If he can't fab one himself, he mght be able to tell you who can.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom