Rocky Road Rock Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have had several people say the owners of Rocky Road outfitters were a holes when it comes to problems ..that is why i am not even going to call them ,its sad that places like this even exist ! 850 bucks wasted !
I have a 1998 parts LC that runs I am going to mount them as there instructions say ..use them as they should be used and post the results on you tube ..hopefully this will save other people from making the same mistake i made ..Look for Rocky Road Slider test for 100 Land cruiser if they fail and i am sure they will , I am going to slam them on every social media possible ..I am now on a personal Crusade !

I thought about modifying them not to suck and also spoke with my local Toyota offroad shop. They told me and I agree that it would be like polishing a turd. They said the only thing they would do is take them off, turn them into scrap and build me proper sliders. I would never put a jack under them. I can flex them by just standing on them and I am only 175 lbs. I mounted them as per his instructions and even beefed the mount up a bit. I would compare them to over built tube STEPS, like those chrome ones that are on some pickups. I have the super slider version. My local shop also told me they had been burned by the owner in the past and would never do business with him or any company he owns.

Sorry about the negativity. I would never do this on a public forum but I do not want anybody else to get burned by the owner.

I'm curious if something has changed from about 10 years ago. I bought a set of sliders for my R50 pathfinder from rocky road that I used for four years before I sold it. I kept the rails and stored them until recently when I cut the pathfinder mounts off and welded on new brackets to fit my 100. They are solid as hell, probably 60 lbs each. I've jacked up my 100 using them and they laughed at it.

Originally, they did have the pinch rail tie-in, but the R50 is unibody, so that makes some sense. I cut it off for my 100 mod/install.

Something must've gone downhill pretty hard in the meantime for new ones to bend from a single hammer hit.

This is the best photo I have that shows the rails.

20191116_112743.jpg

Edit: Quick look at google shows the third or fourth review complaining that the rock rails bent on a jeep liberty as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom