rocker stand bolt question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm currently rebuilding the head on my 87 fj60. head gasket problems. Anyway, as I am putting it back together, I get to the rocker and put the 4 bolts in that go through to the valve cover. As I am putting in the last two (on numbers 2 and 5) in the rocker stands, I have two different bolts (picture below). the one on the right slides right in, but the other doesn't fit. (i tried it in both 2 and 5)So. Go to toyota and order one (needed it quick) and they order it, but when I get there it is like the one on the left and they tell me they don't make the one on the right anymore.

It seems the monkeys who rebuilt the engine for the PO had simply banged the wrong bolt into the rocker, there were marks on the old one that this was the case. Don't want to do that as I put it back together!

Any suggestions? Does anybody have one lying around they could shoot me, I'd of course pick up shipping. Any good websites that might make it?

all your help is appreciated.
tjg
DSC06071.jpg

Last edited:
Any Idea's Out there?

If you find out if the late 60's are the same as a 62, I got 'em. PM me an address. I'm real tired, you wanting the big 'un or little 'un?

Mitch

yep, they are the same. I am looking for one exactly like the one on the left of the picture. This would be the one that flares out at the top of the bolt by the head, not the threads. (#31 that has a square around in the pic. pm'd you the address. Thanks bro!
rockeredit.gif

Last edited:
OK. I'll try and find it this AM. Probably Priority it to you later. Don't forget to do your oil galley plug while you are waiting, and before you put the head on.

Mitch

oil galley plug is done. The bolt is the last piece of the puzzle.

thanks
tjg

Sorry Tim,

Not gonna happen. The bolts from my 62 are just like the one you show on the right. The shoulder runs down close to the threads. I don't have any like you show on the left. Sorry to get your hopes up and all... About the only thing I can offer is a spare rocker stand and a bolt that fits it from a 62, but I'd be worried that they might be slightly different.

Mitch

I'm back on the hunt for this bolt. Can anyone help me out? Thanks archtimb for checking it out for me.

thanks everyone for your help!
tjg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom