rocker shaft question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would get one from toyota, unless you KNOW the material that the aftermarket one is made from.

There is a 73 at the shop now with no top end from no oil. The oil delivery tube and orings make sure that the top end gets oil. I would not mess around with this.

The orings that you get from the hardwear store are not likely to live in the heat and oil very long.

good luck!

-Steve

74fj40 said:

Max-

Viton, like Nitrile, Polyacrylic, Silicone, Urethane, Fluorocarbon, and others are materials used to make o-rings, d-rings, seals, etc. There are many different durometer, or hardness ratings for these seals.

If you were to use just a standard rubber oring that you would get from a hardwear store it could break down, causing oil to not get to the rocker shaft assembly like it is supposed to, leading to top end (valvetrain) engine damage.

Get the correct seals from Toyota. :)

Good luck!

-Steve

Max.. Since your a member of RS.. Burt Toyota right down the street on broadway is a really good source for these items. Jerry and Joe know cruisers and the price is always right. Tell them your a member of RS when purchasing.

Wes - we called Burt - they told us that Toyota no longer makes the part...

wesintl said:
Max.. Since your a member of RS.. Burt Toyota right down the street on broadway is a really good source for these items. Jerry and Joe know cruisers and the price is always right. Tell them your a member of RS when purchasing.

Try stevinson and see if they say the same thing. Maybe time to try c-dan. I'm guessing it didn't come in the overhaul kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom