Rocker Panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT
GOLD Star
Threads
Over the next year or so I am going to be needing some serious help here, I am attempting to put a 64 45lwb back to good running condition, mostly body work.

One question for right now is , the drivers rocker panel is pretty much totally shot, serious bondo in it right now, can i get a replacment panel or just cut out bad and weld in new.

Again thanks much in advance for all the help i will be asking the experts for.

PS, I suck really bad right now at body work, but looks like i will be getting some practice here.

I can't think of a better place to start when it comes to welding in new metal, as the rocker has a minimal amount of bends or attachment points. There should be a lip coming down from the tub that overlaps from the inside. As long as your metal is solid from that point up, I would cut and weld in with a mind towards using that as a strenghening seam for the old and new rocker sheet. I hope I said that clearly.

Thanks mark, thought it would be pretty easy to do and if i do mess it up then i can always get one from CCOT and have someone else fix it , but i am going to try it myself first.

You'll do fine. Remember to take pics......after you grind all the booger welds off! ;p

I take it you have seen some of my welding before then. :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom