Rocker Panel Drain Holes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, the pinch weld drain holes on my rocker panels are clogged and even with high air-pressure, they aren't opening. So here's my plan. Might be stupid, so I'm asking here.

1. Drill three 1/2" holes along the bottom of the rocker panel to create new drain holes.
2. Spray cavity wax inside the rocker panel (that's why I need 1/2" holes)
3. Seal the edges of the hole with Rustoleum or some other rust retardant.

Will this work? If not, what should I try instead?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I would check and see if theres already holes in the rocker that are sealed with a plug like on the 80. you could also try to enlarge the pinch weld hole with a hammer and screwdriver or small punch and see what that does

I would check and see if theres already holes in the rocker that are sealed with a plug like on the 80. you could also try to enlarge the pinch weld hole with a hammer and screwdriver or small punch and see what that does
No holes in the rocker -- just pinch welds that create a little slit. The slits are rusted shut. I tried to open them with a screwdriver to no avail.

Opened three 1/2" holes in each panel and put in 3M cavity wax with a long nozzle. I noticed rust forming on the back of the driver side rocker, probably because water had been holding in there. Hopefully, this solution will slow the rust. I'll keep this forum apprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom