Rockcod’s final ride, Morty the Forty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rockcod

No Brain, No Headache!
SILVER Star
Threads
Having sold my last 40, 8 years ago, I was done with them and moved on to a street/strip 63 Nova. But wouldn’t you know it, this one popped up in an unrelated local search and right away it spoke to me and called my name. After a few phone calls, a trip with the wife to take a look at it, she loved it and gave me the green light, after a little haggling, we agreed on a price. My youngest son and I went back the next day with cash in hand and Rob’s (aka landcrusher909) trailer and drug it home. Rob, Whitey, Ken and Georg, I promise this is my last one, I’m getting to old to keep doing this!
F19DEAA0-85C8-4DF2-BEFB-D547FE9E6971.jpeg

The plan for this one is:

Family cage by FC Fabrication
SOA
4 wheel disc
Power steering
ARB’s front and rear
GM tilt column
Factory style soft top
Tube front fenders

That’s my starting point, look forward to getting started and getting it back on the road.

Having sold my last 40, 8 years ago, I was done with them and moved on to a street/strip 63 Nova. But wouldn’t you know it, this one popped up in an unrelated local search and right away it spoke to me and called my name. After a few phone calls, a trip with the wife to take a look at it, she loved it and gave me the green light, after a little haggling, we agreed on a price. My youngest son and I went back the next day with cash in hand and Rob’s (aka landcrusher909) trailer and drug it home. Rob, Whitey, Ken and Georg, I promise this is my last one, I’m getting to old to keep doing this!View attachment 2565124
Very good!

The first 40 that caught my eye was a light blue one, no top, big tires with some patina.

Bought my light blue 69'a few years later and painted it green....... but often wish I had not. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Awesome looking rigs! Good luck

Nice to see you back Tony, cruiseritis never really goes away, look foward to the build!
Thanks Whitey! Look forward to getting back on trails again with you and toploader, let the shenanigans begin!!! 🤣

How's the bezel situation? 🚨
I am always amused by this question, it seems quite a few are obsessed by the orientation of the bezel. Everyone has their thing I guess, but yes, it has one.
429B881A-B144-4DD7-8319-51F160BF5DAE.jpeg

What years did the bezel have Land Cruiser stamped on the front? I've always kinda liked the look

Call it either Piss Blue or Smurf Balls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom