Rock Warrior wheel refinish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I picked up 5 RW wheels from a Facebook for sale page about a month ago. I'd been looking for a while and ran across all 5 of these cheaper than I'd seen any 4 anywhere else. Knowing it would be a while before I got to put them on I'd planned on just sticking in the shop and put them on when I was ready for tires. The guy had taken one and rattle canned it bronze just messing around so I was going to have to address this one sooner or later. So I decided to just go ahead and have them all blasted to get ready for powdercoat. While the wheels are away I started the process of polishing the rings. A couple of them had a few very small dings in them but nothing I couldn't take care of. After my last sanding process with 2000 on the first ring, I was left with a "brushed" look that is amazing. I had planned on polishing them but may stop at this step with all of them! The pictures really don't do it justice but I think they look killer. The wheels will be a storm grey metallic which is a few shades darker than the original RW color. I'll post some pictures of the progress as I go but it may be a while before they are on the truck

DA0058DD-0DF5-48D5-83F9-F9BC539C8B2F.jpeg

3FC76C17-D547-4645-83E7-2EEA8859025E.jpeg

671D97E9-31F7-4E83-9311-48E6FCCCD0D5.jpeg

95CCA4DD-03F9-47BD-B099-C5DB0A79D303.jpeg

So I picked up 5 RW wheels from a Facebook for sale page about a month ago. I'd been looking for a while and ran across all 5 of these cheaper than I'd seen any 4 anywhere else. Knowing it would be a while before I got to put them on I'd planned on just sticking in the shop and put them on when I was ready for tires. The guy had taken one and rattle canned it bronze just messing around so I was going to have to address this one sooner or later. So I decided to just go ahead and have them all blasted to get ready for powdercoat. While the wheels are away I started the process of polishing the rings. A couple of them had a few very small dings in them but nothing I couldn't take care of. After my last sanding process with 2000 on the first ring, I was left with a "brushed" look that is amazing. I had planned on polishing them but may stop at this step with all of them! The pictures really don't do it justice but I think they look killer. The wheels will be a storm grey metallic which is a few shades darker than the original RW color. I'll post some pictures of the progress as I go but it may be a while before they are on the truck

I know this is an older thread but did you just wet sand them with the the 2000 grit?
And how do they look now?

Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom