Rock sliders that replace & bolt up to existing holes as used by factory sidesteps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently sold on my modified HJ75 and went straight out and purchased an Hzj80, bone stock - a blank canvas!

First up, bar work!

Now, I have front and rear bar sorted out however I need to protect my sills. There's a 50L aluminium water tank that sits in the void on the underside between body & chassis - so 'regular' rock sliders won't fit. I know this type of mounting is by far the most superior and strongest option however, on this build its simply not possible..

So..

Has anyone utilised the mounting points where the original side steps bolted to? I know that it won't even come close on regards to strength, however I figure SOME protection is far better than none. Even if it's a simple bracket and pipe to disperse impact from objects/rocks/stumps/hippies.

I've done my research but coming up short, surely someone has had a similar problem and tackled it in some way!

Any advice or better yet, photos would be appreciated!

Picture of the new canvas attached. Even came with a refirbed Thomas PTO!
20200923_122221.jpg

These are probably what you’re looking for
but they are unavailable at the moment unless you can find a used set

They're definitely an option. I'll need something much heavier gauge than that though I would imagine. Do they just bolt through the pinch welds at the bottom of the panel? Looks like it!

They're definitely an option. I'll need something much heavier gauge than that though I would imagine. Do they just bolt through the pinch welds at the bottom of the panel? Looks like it!

Yes they bolt to the pinch weld. The gauge has performed great for years without issue. Can it dent if hit hard, yes just like any metal but your rockers will be safe? With that said it gives you the underside protection, you need to avoid damage. Do note you do not get any side protection with our rails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom