Rock slider recommendations. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I originally wanted the iron pig skid plate but it wasn't available before I did the Rubicon last year. I ordered the slee in a hurry.

3 days on the Rubicon I never made contact that I know of with the slee belly plate.

Similar to my sliders I wanted the deltas but they were not ready so I went with a set of metal tech for the Rubicon trip, they performed great and took a severe beating.

I don't plan to rock crawl on my Land Cruiser so I feel like my armor is sufficient enough. My Delta skid plate for the cats is new and I have yet to paint it and add the additional half inch armor to the cat guard. That older Delta cat guard and heavy duty plate took a severe beating on sour grass Trail a couple months ago.

I guess at the end of the day some armor is better than no armor and how much is too much? I think the best of the best is the iron pig but like I mentioned this slee did fine and there's no interference with the Delta sliders.

I'm not familiar with a smaller slee guard.
I appreciate the info man. Sounds like I'll just stick to what I already have as I don't plan on doing anything as crazy as the Rubicon trail. If this is good enough for you, I think Ill be just fine haha.

Bumping this thread to share my thoughts for those of us down-under. I've had my eyes on these rock sliders for about two years, the Rockarmor Rockslider Side Steps:
131023_sales_racks__snorkel_254__02459.1675907420.JPG
131023_sales_racks__snorkel_256__98343.1675907418.JPG

My 80 has just has the factory side-steps, which causes me some worry on particularly rough tracks, and as you can probably see from this photo they've taken a light blow or two over the years:
1682049789543.png

Today, I was finally able to splash out and pick them up, along with the matching pair of Rockarmour brush bars:
1682049880969.png

1682049982483.png

1682050002341.png

First impressions are they look really good! Very solid construction, with a nice finish. They'll add a bit of weight to the rig, but I think it's worth it for the extra protection with me increasingly trying out rougher terrain. These sliders are designed to bolt straight around the frame, so pretty straightforward to install. I especially like the way they have optional integrated brush bars. There's just a small piece of the sliders that unbolts, exposing a tube the brush bars slot into, which then get fitted straight to the bullbar, in my case an ARB commercial model.
1682050080692.png

80_series_rockslider_1__98595.1588050958.jpg

There's a pic of what it'll roughly look like on their site here (105 model in this case):
moh_105_2__81801.1633492074.jpg

I don't have the time to install them today, but hopefully sometime in the next week or two I'll have a chance to take off the factory side-steps, and get these sliders installed in their place. I'll post some more pics here when they're on the 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom