Rock Slider opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to make the right decision on rock sliders for my rig, I want to spend the least possible and I do have some welding and fabrication experience so I'm open to a used set OR I'm considering the kit from Coastal Offroad that I would need to weld together. I'm in Colorado Springs CO in case you know of some used ones that are available.
Picture2.jpg

Between the cost of quality paint and welding consumables I personally can't justify a diy kit for the savings compared to buying new.

Your best budget option is to patiently watch the classifieds and find a used set locally or somewhat close.

For 99% of users any slider will do the job just fine.

Or the age old stand by of trail gear kits.
Lots have used before you. Believe the caveat is they may be a couple inches short for that perfectly aimed rock but people have been using for years. Not sure what their price point is these days.

I'm using the generic Trail Gear sliders and have dropped my Cruiser on them really hard and never had a problem.

Like all the other threads, I still prefer my WKOR sliders. I have all the skills and I have access to fab shops to be able to build all this for me. but by the time I figure out what math I need, what angle, how long to cut the parts, then lay them out and weld them, then blast and paint them, it's not worth it to me, because they will NEVER get done, so I opted to buy mine. I did have a friend paint them. I installed them. Installation was about 3 hours.

Call Adam at 4xinnovations. I have a set of theirs on mine.

Call Adam at 4xinnovations. I have a set of theirs on mine.
I was just gonna mention them mine are insanely well built and had full weight on them before. But unfortunately when I asked about 80 series sliders they said they don't make them anymore and someone accidently destroyed the 80 series jig. They are no more from them for an 80 series. :( But never know, that was a couple years ago.

I took a chance on Rocky Road sliders. I've really put them to the test here in Mexico. Absolutely flawless. And inexpensive.

I have the Kicker Rock Sliders.

The pictures are before I took them out. They didn't bend at all. Scrapes and one pretty good dent in the tubing but saved my rear quarter for sure.

PXL_20221205_190005118.jpg

PXL_20230220_223100120.jpg

I was just gonna mention them mine are insanely well built and had full weight on them before. But unfortunately when I asked about 80 series sliders they said they don't make them anymore and someone accidently destroyed the 80 series jig. They are no more from them for an 80 series. :(
Recently?? I got mine from him last fall and there was another member that just ordered a set not too long ago. Sucks if thats the case, because they're definitely nice!!

I took a chance on Rocky Road sliders. I've really put them to the test here in Mexico. Absolutely flawless. And inexpensive.

I have the Kicker Rock Sliders.

The pictures are before I took them out. They didn't bend at all. Scrapes and one pretty good dent in the tubing but saved my rear quarter for sure.

View attachment 3295598

View attachment 3295599
These look good and they have a lot of info on their website. I don't know what inexpensive means to you but $1300 plus tax isn't inexpensive to me. Am I missing something or just cheap :)

I want to make the right decision on rock sliders for my rig, I want to spend the least possible and I do have some welding and fabrication experience so I'm open to a used set OR I'm considering the kit from Coastal Offroad that I would need to weld together. I'm in Colorado Springs CO in case you know of some used ones that are available.

Mike at bumpitoffroad makes a nice tube slider for $800 unpainted. He's in Windsor, CO. Fits 95-97.

Mike at bumpitoffroad makes a nice tube slider for $800 unpainted. He's in Windsor, CO. Fits 95-97.

I looked on his website, most likely going with those, I never saw them on any google search, thanks!!! Do you have a set on yours? Photos?

I've got a set of the BIOR step sliders on my 97 and really like them. Fit and finish is excellent and Mike delivered when/as he said he would, etc. so I'm a happy customer. It did take a while to get the sliders so I'd get your order in sooner than later since you may have a long wait ahead.

These look good and they have a lot of info on their website. I don't know what inexpensive means to you but $1300 plus tax isn't inexpensive to me. Am I missing something or just cheap :)
799 to 1099 including powder coat for the 80. Were you looking at the right vehicle page? The kicker Rock sliders I have were 999. I did drive out to pick them up, so no shipping and I don't think there was tax. Hell the owner and designer hade pull my truck in, put me up on ramps and crawled underneath with me to install them. I haven't used it but I think they are the only company offering a lifetime warranty against bends and dents. Which sounds crazy to me.

Edit:. This is the 80 page.

I looked on his website, most likely going with those, I never saw them on any google search, thanks!!! Do you have a set on yours? Photos?

Here's some crappy pics from the garage just now. I really like them; very high quality especially for the price. Sometimes the cat protection can get hung up on rocks, but I think that's true for most of these designs.

IMG_4941.JPG
IMG_4942.JPG

I would have went with BIO but I needed a set lead-time so I went with White Knuckle. Those Rocky Roads look pretty nice. Personally I wouldn't buy or use any :poop: Gear products (this decision is based solely on moral principles, and its something I have very few of) . The Coastal Offroads are my top vote, If I could weld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom