Rock Crawler Rims for '76 FJ-40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone run the ProComp built Rock Crawler wheels on a FJ-40 with stock Land Cruiser disc brakes (mine is a "76)? I know these wheels are sold by 4Wheel Parts (and others). I'm interested in the white, wagon spoke 15" X 10" wide steel wheels with 2.5" backspacing. Part number is PCW82-5183R2.5. I would just like to know whether the spokes on these wheels will clear the brake calipers before I commit with an order.

What's your experience with these wheels? Are they tough enough for the rocky trails on a 5000 pound machine?

Thanks in advance....

Don

atazman said:
Does anyone run the ProComp built Rock Crawler wheels on a FJ-40 with stock Land Cruiser disc brakes (mine is a "76)? I know these wheels are sold by 4Wheel Parts (and others). I'm interested in the white, wagon spoke 15" X 10" wide steel wheels with 2.5" backspacing. Part number is PCW82-5183R2.5. I would just like to know whether the spokes on these wheels will clear the brake calipers before I commit with an order.

What's your experience with these wheels? Are they tough enough for the rocky trails on a 5000 pound machine?

Thanks in advance....

Don

I have some. mines 3.5 bs. but it hits. so I could 1/2 spacing I made. But my studs are long thats way I did spacers for rigth now.

It hits! Not good!!

Where do your wheels hit? On the caliper or on the tie rod? If it is the ltie rod, the lesser backspacing should work.

Thanks for your response.

Don

IT hit in the caliper., And didn't seem to hit the tie rod. I have about 1/2 or 1 in from the tie rod, I'm not sure

Thanks, much. Looks like I need to investigate another alternative.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom