Rock assembly question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.whiteriverlawncare.com
I posted this in the 40 section but I think the 45 forum probably gets a quicker response.

after much reading, I've given in to ask the question... looking for compatibility info of a rocker arm assembly for 2F engines.

Question:
Can a later model 2F rocker assembly be used on an earlier 2F engine? example: an 85 rocker assembly to a '76 2F head?

my concern would be - do the rocker arm ratios change between the years and change the timing? and are the pedestals different?

thanks for you replies.

I’d like to know what others say but in my experience no. I have a 76’ 2F and also an unknown year 2F that came with a ‘72 parts truck. Somehow over the years the rocker arms got switched around when I was doing head work on the ‘76. Only one rocker arm would fit the ‘76 head. I could be wrong but I distinctly remember that the studs in the head were too large for the rocker arm. The rocker arm would not seat fully on the head and got stuck on these studs. Hopefully that makes sense but again I’m curious as to what others might say.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom