Builds Rocinante | The 1986 Extra Cab 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GRM

Finding new adventures in old jalopies.
Threads
Try #1: PoorRunner

Try #2 Rocinante:

22re- stock
•new fan clutch
•22ret 3 core radiator
•LC engineering motor mounts
•Stock W565 speed trans,
•Inchworm dual case adapter-> Now Marlin Adapter
•all pro 4.7 gears-> Now Marlin 23 Spline gears
•toy4crawlin tripple shifter-> now dr.smash shifter
•4x innovations trans mount
•budbuilt x-member
•all pro long travel front driveshaft
•rear .250 wall shaft
•5.29 elockers front and rear
•front 62" wide diamond axle housing, longfield shafts, 6 shooter knuckles, Fj rotors, bigger v6 toyota calipers, ARP knuckle and hub studs, custom brake lines, BBCS shocks, FROR highsteer
•stock rear housing & shafts with 1.5" spacers, national front springs, deaver rear springs, f-250 shock mounts,
•New 35" mickey thompson MTZ's on cregar weld on beadlock wheels
•ramsey re12000 winch-> Now Dayton 10k -> Now Bill Burke Superwinch Husky 10
•tuffy console
•12 volt guy switch panel & winch control panel
•driven industries tube works interrior cage-> Never installed
•ARB fridge
n15102189_32133014_830.jpg
pozo2.jpg

Last edited:
Its Begins.
PB070074small.jpg
DSC_5446toyota.jpg
DSC_5447toyota.jpg

Last edited:
Parts.
DSC_5455toyota.jpg
DSC_5457toyota.jpg
DSC_5449toyota.jpg

Hiding Away.
DSC_5466toyota.jpg
DSC_5468toyota.jpg
DSC_5469toyota.jpg

Mockup
DSC_5470toyota.jpg
DSC_5471toyota.JPG

Permission to be jealous:p

Bad news Garrett.... No one likes you!!! :flipoff2:

That looks to be the makings of a very fine truck!!! Planning on leaving the sweet decals?

Of course no one likes me. That never stopped me before :flipoff2:

I want to leave the decals pretty bad. Problem is they are 22 years old. Last trip to the pay and spray started to take one of them up (lost about .25" square). I also need to clay bar and wax the truck in a bad kind of way, and am not sure how to do it with the graphics. Any ideas?

Diamond Showed up Today. Also grabbed a Downey Aux fuel tank.
diamondblur.jpg
downeytankblur.jpg

Of course no one likes me. That never stopped me before :flipoff2:

I want to leave the decals pretty bad. Problem is they are 22 years old. Last trip to the pay and spray started to take one of them up (lost about .25" square). I also need to clay bar and wax the truck in a bad kind of way, and am not sure how to do it with the graphics. Any ideas?

Nice rig! My vote is to replace the decals with new.

1984-86

Nice "anti-janky" solution. :D

As for the stripes Dan...here ya go, order up whatever year/style you like: Toyota Stripes and Decals - Discontinued factory stripe kits, logos, graphics and decals.

James is in Arizona, you're New mexico, so you might consider visiting him and trying out different kits, see what fits, if any cut/modding to the decals is needed and have at it.

Me, I'm liking the old school kits myself. :D Nice catch Matt! Keep up with the progress and pics!

Pics of the SAS work is required by law in 13 states.

Really.

What are you using for the SAS? Kit or making your own?

I so wish I had graphics like that on mine....

Dan

Front end is a Marlin Front Hanger, Datin Shackle tubes and shackles, Grease-able bolts, National 10 Leaf long travel 46" long springs, F-250 shock mounts, 14" Bilstein 5100's

Rear is Ruff Stuff Specialties Frenched Hangers for 63" Chevy Springs, 62" F55 Deaver Long Travel Springs, Datin Rear Spring Hanger, mounted above the frame, 11" Long Shackles, greasable bolts, F-250 mounts recessed into the outside of the frame, 15" travel BBCS shocks.

I had custom brake lines made to go straight to the caliper. Rear will get a 2nd brake line to lengthen it. Waiting on a Adjustable purporting valve kit from Custom Cruisers. All Pro TRE's and Pitman Arm. Front Range Off-road Fab tie rod and drag link. Front Range U bolt flip kit, Trail Gear Bumpstops, Monroe Steering Stablizer with a Datin Mount.

A kit would have been FAR cheaper. But I had half the parts in the garage, and I am anal about engineering every part I put on my truck, and thus, no off the shelf kit matched my specifications.

I have seen those stripes, but I can buy alot more useful parts for $350. If they were $100, or 150, I would go for it. But for that price, they just aren't worth it.

Last edited:
been working on it the last 5 days. Bed is off, IFS is torched out. Diamond Axle is hung. Rear springs are hung. Extended the frame 4". Added one more x-member.

Spending ALOT of time on little detail work.

Should be another 3-5 days before its driving again.
rearsprings.jpg
6169_563127176612_15102189_33064628_7938094_n.jpg
6169_563127316332_15102189_33064656_6332235_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom