Road trip! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sailor

Jackass of all trades
Threads
We did the annual trip to Rock Creek and back, this year weighed in at 8800 lbs truck and trailer... ran great! just wanted to report that from Osoyoos to Hope I managed to consume 44 litres of diesel (about 240 km?) with the AC on and in the 'smoke notch' the whole way... new record!

Ouch! I love that bar there. Make you feel bad, just drove 1075 kms in the 60 for 106 litres.

Ouch! I love that bar there. Make you feel bad, just drove 1075 kms in the 60 for 106 litres.

Were you towing Jon? A camper makes a huge different to fuel economy. Can't really compare if you weren't towing.

@sailor What were you towing out of curiosity? Your mpg works out to about 16 imp mpg or 17.6l/100km. That is exactly what I just got last weekend towing my 16' camper trailer through twisty up/down roads with my LJ78. My total truck/trailer weight was about the same as yours.

No whimsy allowed. Sorry. But I do miss the Rock Creek Pub

Were you towing Jon? A camper makes a huge different to fuel economy. Can't really compare if you weren't towing.

@sailor What were you towing out of curiosity? Your mpg works out to about 16 imp mpg or 17.6l/100km. That is exactly what I just got last weekend towing my 16' camper trailer through twisty up/down roads with my LJ78. My total truck/trailer weight was about the same as yours.

It's a typically crappy Forest River product, an R-Pod. I think it's 18' long

We came through there but stayed in Grand Forks, our TT is 21’ and duramax showed average of 13.5/100 towing on this trip, average tow speed of ~110. I didn’t realize how good that was?

C16EFD31-0ECA-4B63-8FD8-B9988BD86DB9.png

Welcome back! That's a great loop!

yeah I think the writing is on the wall for the LC as a tow vehicle... In fact with all the cash I've sunk into this thing I could have bought a new....

yeah I think the writing is on the wall for the LC as a tow vehicle... In fact with all the cash I've sunk into this thing I could have bought a new....

I hear ya! I've poured money and effort into mine trying to make it do things it's not meant to do also. And best mpg I get towing a 16' camper is 16l/100km. Can't believe the economy of the D-max!

Similar trip just home, Icefields Parkway was unbelievable. 2000 km 13.8 mpg, 17.5 L/100KM. Burned no oil, truck was flawless. Lots of burned out vehicles on the bigger climbs though.

Last edited:
We came through there but stayed in Grand Forks, our TT is 21’ and duramax showed average of 13.5/100 towing on this trip, average tow speed of ~110. I didn’t realize how good that was?View attachment 2397759
We came through there but stayed in Grand Forks, our TT is 21’ and duramax showed average of 13.5/100 towing on this trip, average tow speed of ~110. I didn’t realize how good that was?

My 2003, 3/4 ton crew cab get's 12.5-13/100km without a trailer. It's good for about 900 Kms on a tank. I almost get from Falkland to Wendy's lake house in Ashmont, AB without a fuel stop. Ashmont is two hours NE of Edmonton, Falkland is 45 minutes south of Kamloops. If I'm dragging anything over 7,000 lbs those numbers start to decrease. Love my D-Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom