1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

road trip - to Utah and back

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by loeky, Aug 21, 2006.

1. loeky

loeky

the fiancee and i are taking a road trip to southern Utah over the labor day holiday. i've been playing god with MS Streets & Trips and we've got an itinerary taking us through Zion, Grand Canyon North Rim, Bryce and Kodachrome State Park.

we'll be jamming it all in to the span of 5 days total. not enough time, but leaves room for a required second trip :]

anyone have recommendations for things not to miss in these areas? we aren't making it to moab or arches unfortunately as they are too far away i think for such a short trip. it's already measured at 2200 miles, as there's a stop by my mom's in Lake Isabella in the mountains above Bakersfield.

born and raised in CA and i haven't seend Utah yet, so i'm totally psyched for this trip and looking forward. we are planning on doing The Narrows in Zion - but otherwise we're just going to follow our noses.

this is backyard to some of you guys - would love to hear your knowledge.

2. re_guderian

re_guderian SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds like a good start. I know that I've spent enough time there to know that I could kill every free weekend for the rest of my life and not see everything I wanted to... Have fun!

3. loeky

loeky

good deal. thanks rob!

4. kblomquist

kblomquist

My backyard (Kanab)

Let me know if you are going to be staying in Kanab or close by. I could take you to a few places within only a few miles that only the "locals" know about. Pretty cool stuff. I also have some tips on Zion and the North Rim.

Let me know.

KB

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">