Road trip out west?!

Working on a refit of a '96 J80 and would love to see another part of our beautiful country. I'm in NC and thought a road trip to the deserts out west would be a blast. Does anyone know of folks that might organize trail rides, or can anybody recommend certain areas?

Any info most appreciated!

I plan on doing the same this summer. Northern Arizona is really nice and the summer temps are mild due to the altitude. Just grab some maps and go. That's what I'm going to do.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member

Take a look at the thread "The thread I thought I would never start" by @LS1FJ40 . He and his son have trekked across the USA to get a new to them LC and to make another trip and they worked out times and places to meet other Mud members and get truck work done at some of the vendor locations on the way.

Anyone can go to Moab or wherever, but it's how you get there and what you make the STORY for the memories.

LS1FJ40

SILVER Star

You can check out the thread in my signature.

Start a thread with a fun title. People will jump on and tell you where to go. There are a crap ton of guys all over the country that will meet up with you.

If you make it up through Iowa let me know. There's nowhere to wheel here but we fish and camp!

decavo

new mexico is way cool/// if you are around las cruces let me know... TorC is cool near the Gila and awesome hot springs... canyon lands is AWESOME

"Ask anyone who made a pilgrimage to Rubithon just to run the Rubicon Trail"

Yep, I guessing I might win the "Iron Butt" award for that one! Sure sounds like fun.

btw...I'm only on page 10 of the "Thread I Thought I'd Never Start" and already have two pages of things to do!!

Last edited:

LS1FJ40

SILVER Star

"Ask anyone who made a pilgrimage to Rubithon just to run the Rubicon Trail"

Yep, I guessing I might win the "Iron Butt" award for that one! Sure sounds like fun.

btw...I'm only on page 10 of the "Thread I Thought I'd Never Start" and already have two pages of things to do!!
9 of the first 10 are gibberish! People giving me crap for buying a 1FZ-FE! Haha

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

I plan on doing the same this summer. Northern Arizona is really nice and the summer temps are mild due to the altitude. Just grab some maps and go. That's what I'm going to do.
This is the last place you would want to go in the summer or any other season for that matter. If it wasn't for having a home there I would never spend my summers there.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom