Road Trip - NJ to VT - 400 miles - should I bring anything just in case? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently replaced the batter and oil and everything seems to be running nice, but I'd like to be ahead of the 'what if' curve so any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm taking the Parkway to 684 to 84 to 91 - (yellow)

MapPoint suggested Turnpike to 91 (green) but that's heavy with traffic usually

njvt.jpg

edit: i'm looking for tech advice which is why i didnt put in chat

Last edited:
Glad to see you were sure to let us all know the color of the truck, now how about the mileage on it?

I'm heading down to NJ that way on Monday, let me know if you run into problems as I can most likely will be able to help you out.

I actually take 84 to 684 to the saw mill parkway to 287. But I can change the route.

landtank said:
Glad to see you were sure to let us all know the color of the truck, now how about the mileage on it?

I'm heading down to NJ that way on Monday, let me know if you run into problems as I can most likely will be able to help you out.

I actually take 84 to 684 to the saw mill parkway to 287. But I can change the route.

Good point on the milage -just changed it ;)

I have just under 124k, bought it at around 117k. Koffer and Cruiser4060 helped me out when with the overall inspection of the vehicle when first purchased and a reputable tech gave the front end a good inspection - everything looks copasetic.

The only *concerns, just from reading posts, would be the PHH (which looks fine) and the starter contacts (havent inspected yet).

Normally I wouldnt think twice about this stuff -- must be a sign of getting older :D

I'm leaving tomorrow morning. The trip should take around 7hrs. If i do hit any bumps you'll see my posts asap. Thanks for the change route offer! Lets hope my trip is nothing but great pics!!!

edit: LT, do you think Saw Mill Pky is better than 684?

Last edited:
Saw mill just cuts off a corner between 287 and 684. Kind of a 2 lane twisty parkway. But being on Saturday you would probably make better time avoiding it. I usually drive it for a change of pace as by then I've been on the road for 4 hours and have a few still to go.

Heading to Waldwick NJ on monday and then on down to Dover DE on Tuesday and up to Westport CT on Wednesday. Hell of a week they have in store for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom