Road Top 8.8"/8.9" CarPlay Screen (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been checking Amazon and haven't seen these in stock. Someone please tag me if you see one! Thanks!

I've been checking Amazon and haven't seen these in stock. Someone please tag me if you see one! Thanks!
I looked everywhere on Amazon, But I did not see a picture of a person with the echo cancellation.
Amazon product ASIN B09P8C5V26Amazon product ASIN B0B2JQ6519https://www.amazon.com/Road-Top-Wireless-2014-2019-Touchpad/dp/B084M1DCXZ
These are the Three links that I know that is on Amazon unless I am missing more. If you have a picture of it, please enlighten me. Maybe I can ask Road Top if they can somehow bring it back for the second generation.

Edit: for some reason, this forum does not allow me to post multiple links.
Post #123
All I could Find.

This is what I ordered it’s the same unit, better price

NINETOM Wireless Carplay & Android Auto, Portable 8.8'' Touch Screen, Apple Carplay Screen Car Stereo with Backup Camera, Support Mirror Link, Bluetooth 5.0, Siri, GPS Navigation, FM, Music, Video https://a.co/boXmrCn

This is what I ordered it’s the same unit, better price

NINETOM Wireless Carplay & Android Auto, Portable 8.8'' Touch Screen, Apple Carplay Screen Car Stereo with Backup Camera, Support Mirror Link, Bluetooth 5.0, Siri, GPS Navigation, FM, Music, Video https://a.co/boXmrCn
Nice. Will that one use the same update packages that are posted in this thread as well?

After reading everyone's feedback, I replaced my Grom VL2 with a RoadTop 8.8 V2 last week. Where do you go to replace the start up image? I can't find it anywhere in the UI. Also, is there a benefit to updating the firmware? It seems to be working properly with my audio system (including answering phone calls).

After reading everyone's feedback, I replaced my Grom VL2 with a RoadTop 8.8 V2 last week. Where do you go to replace the start up image? I can't find it anywhere in the UI. Also, is there a benefit to updating the firmware? It seems to be working properly with my audio system (including answering phone calls).
If the start up image you are looking for is Lexus, chances are that you have to contact Road Top for them to provide you a firmware with that splash screen. I don't have that firmware unfortunately. Mine came preinstalled when I bought mine because they installed it as a courtesy when I told them that my vehicle was a Lexus.
If everything is working for you, I'd suggest you to leave it be. These firmware's are intended for those who have issue or may have different vehicle that operate differently.

If the start up image you are looking for is Lexus, chances are that you have to contact Road Top for them to provide you a firmware with that splash screen. I don't have that firmware unfortunately. Mine came preinstalled when I bought mine because they installed it as a courtesy when I told them that my vehicle was a Lexus.
If everything is working for you, I'd suggest you to leave it be. These firmware's are intended for those who have issue or may have different vehicle that operate differently.
Looks like his is a 2013 LC. I am not near my unit right now but it's in there in the menus... the manual may also describe how...

Looks like his is a 2013 LC. I am not near my unit right now but it's in there in the menus... the manual may also describe how...
I checked Mine, It disappeared. May have to email them to re-enable it.

They have responded to me. Go to settings. scroll down to factory (or the last option), password will be 2018 and boot images of car brands will show. pick the desired image and you are set.

They have responded to me. Go to settings. scroll down to factory (or the last option), password will be 2018 and boot images of car brands will show. pick the desired image and you are set.
That worked perfectly, thanks!

Hi All, first post! Just received my 2nd gen today and am looking for some advice on using the RT with 2 different iPhones (mine and my wife’s). Struggling with switching between devices as it will grab the first phone and then refuse to switch. Also, does anyone have a link to the latest firmware as I’m running 2022.06.23.1.0.3 cust QP203. Thanks!

Is everyone just mounting them on the dash screen in the middle that has the speaker under it?? How are you attaching it?

Is everyone just mounting them on the dash screen in the middle that has the speaker under it?? How are you attaching it?
Look at earlier posts in this thread, details there

Feel like I wanna sack the version 1 off and buy version 2, The updated firmware actually made everything worse the sound always comes out of the roadtop even when using another audio output. FFS

For those of you using the Aux out to Aux in how does the music sound? Is that the best way to hook it up for the audio? I read some reviews that the FM transmitter was a little noisy.

Feel like I wanna sack the version 1 off and buy version 2, The updated firmware actually made everything worse the sound always comes out of the roadtop even when using another audio output. FFS
They sent me another update and everything is working really good, version 1 now not got any problems I can see. It's nice to know they are a decent company who don't just forget older device's

They sent me another update and everything is working really good, version 1 now not got any problems I can see. It's nice to know they are a decent company who don't just forget older device's
What is the latest version number? I have
Software Version: 2022.08.23-1.0.10 CUST Version: QP203

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom