Road Shower 4 80 series handling ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking of buying the Road Shower 4 /7 gallon. I have a 97 80 series with Frontrunner rack2 with table under. Was concerned with adding the weight up there. Will it make vehicle top heavy ? I have a awning, high lift jack, 4 recovery boards, shovel and ax on top now. May put a trunk up too. I do moderate off roading but don’t want to get myself in trouble handling the truck. I have 2 inch lift and EMU suspension. Any feedback would be appreciated. New to Forum. Thanks

It depends on how serious of offroad situations you get into. Off camber situations you want lower center of gravity.
Thanks. I am new to off-roading. Mostly plan on short overlanding trips. My wife loves it but a shower would definitely allow us to stay out longer. Also nice for beach and dog. Thanks again for the reply.

Have you considered a Zodi propane shower?

Fill the container with water, turn the pump on, and light the burner; that's all it takes. I let the water circulate until it reaches the desired temperature and then turn off the burner and take my shower. The container holds plenty of water for a nice hot shower. It's a simple pump amd a simple burner so it's very reliable.

Fill the container with water, turn the pump on, and light the burner; that's all it takes. I let the water circulate until it reaches the desired temperature and then turn off the burner and take my shower. The container holds plenty of water for a nice hot shower. It's a simple pump amd a simple burner so it's very reliable.
Thanks again I am going to try this. The Road Shower would be nice but not sure about the weight up there and the price. . I will wait and get a little experience then decide.

The Zodi also works rain or shine, summer or winter.

If you go with the Road Shower, you don't have to travel with water in it. I know it's tempting because it holds 7 gallons that you don't have to carry somewhere else. I almost got the Road Shower, but thankfully my (new to me) teardrop came with a BOSS 18 propane heated shower system. Showers are a luxury when camping. And solar heated water when camping is just plain unreliable, unless you're camping in AZ or SoCal in the summer. Then you'd want cool water. And if several people are wanting to shower, when the Road shower empties and you need to fill it, you then get to wait for it to heat up again. That's if you're parked in the sun, which is not desireable 'cause most folks want a shady campsite. Same reason I don't have my solar panel mounted on my rig. I can park in the shade and set up the solar panel out in the sun. Just some food for thought since you haven't sprung for it yet.

You can get the BOSS shower sytems through Amazon with free shipping if you're a Prime member. I had to replace the one that came with the trailer 'cause the PO wasn't well versed in winterizing camping equipment. Left it out in the cold and it was just like not putting antifreeze in your car for the winter. Cracked the main heating manifold wide open and now it makes a great sprinkler for the grass. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you go with the Road Shower, you don't have to travel with water in it. I know it's tempting because it holds 7 gallons that you don't have to carry somewhere else. I almost got the Road Shower, but thankfully my (new to me) teardrop came with a BOSS 18 propane hearted shower system. Showers are a luxury when camping. And solar heated water when camping is just plain unreliable, unless you're camping in AZ or SoCal in the summer. Then you'd want cool water. And if several people are wanting to shower, when the Road shower empties and you need to fill it, you then get to wait for it to heat up again. That's if you're parked in the sun, which is not desireable 'cause most folks want a shady campsite. Same reason I don't have my solar panel mounted on my rig. I can park in the shade and set up the solar panel out in the sun. Just some food for thought since you haven't sprung for it yet.

You can get the BOSS shower sytems through Amazon with free shipping if you're a Prime member. I had to replace the one that came with the trailer 'cause the PO wasn't well versed in winterizing camping equipment. Left it out in the cold and it was just like not putting antifreeze in your car for the winter. Cracked the main heating manifold wide open and now it makes a great sprinkler for the grass. :rolleyes:
Looks like a nice unit. I have a couple heaters by that company and they are very reliable. So thankful for everyone’s feedback. Thanks

I am thinking of buying the Road Shower 4 /7 gallon. I have a 97 80 series with Frontrunner rack2 with table under. Was concerned with adding the weight up there. Will it make vehicle top heavy ? I have a awning, high lift jack, 4 recovery boards, shovel and ax on top now. May put a trunk up too. I do moderate off roading but don’t want to get myself in trouble handling the truck. I have 2 inch lift and EMU suspension. Any feedback would be appreciated. New to Forum. Thanks
We have a road shower on our 80. Have done all the big passes in CO with it full of water, along with a tub,on the roof rack, Was not a factor at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom