Road Force Tire Balancing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have road force tire balancing done with their wheel/tire setup? If so, do you get it done more than once over the life of the tire? When I first got my tires they were just balanced the traditional way. After a while I had road force done and it seemed like the truck drove smoother. Now that the tires are older (but still have life left) the ride isn't so smooth any more at highway speeds. I figure I have about a year (20,000 kms) left on the tires. I'm debating whether I should have road force done, live with the vibrations or just get new tires.

What is road force tire balancing? My Toyo M/T's were a bugger to balance, finally found a guy with a new electronic machine, and
some patience. They have about 30,000 kms on them and are still very smooth,

I looked it up, sounds like it's a fancy machine but still uses weights, etc but can take into account wheel out of round, thickness, tire out-of-round, etc.

Lots of positive reviews on it working well.

I looked it up, sounds like it's a fancy machine but still uses weights, etc but can take into account wheel out of round, thickness, tire out-of-round, etc.

Lots of positive reviews on it working well.

My understanding of it is both the rim and the tire will not be perfectly balanced and road force will best match the rim to the tire such that the rim/tire is as balanced as possible without adding any weights. After, weights are still added as they do with conventional balancing. They may also test at higher speed to better fine tune the balance. I'm not an expert on the topic though

anyone in Nanaimo? do this

Tireland says they do road force balancing on their website.

What road force balancing means to the best of my understanding.
When balancing a mounted tire and rim combination it is typically "free wheelin/spinning" when being balanced.
Road force means that a steel roller applies pressure against the tire at rotating speed simulating the road.
Another words more of a real world condition when balancing the tire and wheel .
My brother in law has one in his shop which is used extensively for road and solo racing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom