Road force balanceing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone here In the Austin area know of a good place we’re I can get all four of my tires road force balanced?

Does discount tire still charge for "road force balancing"? When I worked there back in the day, it was called "ride match" and it cost extra but maybe "ride match" was just internal employee lingo.

Not a difficult thing to do at all and any tire shop with a capable balancer machine that can measure wheel runout can do it for you.

Does discount tire still charge for "road force balancing"? When I worked there back in the day, it was called "ride match" and it cost extra but maybe "ride match" was just internal employee lingo.

Not a difficult thing to do at all and any tire shop with a capable balancer machine that can measure wheel runout can do it for you.

DT is going to charge me about 21 dollars per tire, but I didn’t buy from them. So it might be less if you got the tires from them.

Is it really tht simple? The videos I’m watching on YouTube seem a bit more complicated, especially to someone who’s never done it..

DT is going to charge me about 21 dollars per tire, but I didn’t buy from them. So it might be less if you got the tires from them.

Is it really tht simple? The videos I’m watching on YouTube seem a bit more complicated, especially to someone who’s never done it..

Using the road force feature is simple to me and it should be to any employee at any tire shop that has been trained (properly) on the older Hunter 9700 or the newer Road Force Elite that I have seen at their stores now. I am sure the other brands of balancers have the feature as well, at least any balancer that has a load roller attached to it.

If they are charging $21 per tire then I am in the wrong business. If I recall correctly, it used to be about $50 per vehicle and a little more for dually trucks but this was 20+ years ago.

I don't work in the replacement tire market anymore so I don't really perform this function unless I am trying to track down an quality issue on new OEM tires or new OEM wheels in my current job where we have a Hunter Elite. It is a good feature to find the root cause of vibration.

I am not real clear though on what you are wanting to accomplish with getting this done. It may be a waste of money depending on what you want done.

Thank you all for the input I know more about RFB now. I got the tires road force balanced and it ran a bit better, but wasn’t actually the fix. After changing the Lower ball joints and other IFS parts it runs like new now.

Do y’all know of any way to test ball joints and other suspension parts? I tried shaking the wheel from 9/3 and 12/6 and I got no indicator of weakend/worn parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom