Road Bike Saddle: ISM Saddle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone using the ISM adamo road saddle?

I'm sick and tired of my butt being so sore and my toes going numb from the stock saddle on my Treck Domane S6 that i have to do something. A friend mentioned this saddle and said it is a game changer.

Wondering if anyone else has had luck using it?

I don't use that particular brand, but you can't go wrong with any of these seats...

I use Koobi

Have done a few century rides with it and it is a game changer....

Favorite saddle for years has been the Charge Spoon, had three. One was on my old Kona Jake, then have one on my (now) commuter On-One Inbred Hardtail 29er and one on my Thumper trail shredder. Great saddles, cheap and have had a few people that have gotten them and loved them.

If you want something more "racey" like then look at the Charge Knife.

I know several folks who run them and love them--same with the SMPs. You may like those saddles, you may not--You just need a different saddle than the one you have. I run fizik ariones for the most part and don't have any numbness or soreness. I had a bontrager saddle for a few weeks that I could not sit on for over 15 miles--it just depends on your body.

Yes, the bontrager saddle that came on the bike does say "gel" on it, but it must have about 1mm of gel... that thing is hard as a rock. I have yet to get past 12 miles before i start having serious discomfort issues.

UPDATE: So the seat came in and i installed it for a 20 mile ride. First impressions were really good. Since there really isn't a nose on the seat anytime you hit the slightest incline your body automatically leans forward to power up hills. It just seems to happen and it feels great.

Also, my butt is not sore like it was on the stock saddle. My toes are not going numb either.

After two rides i decided to slide it back a few mm which made it perform even better.

I'd say it's a success. I'd recommend this saddle to anyone who is having a hard time getting comfort in their ride.

A few shots of the saddle

IMG_3676.JPG

IMG_3677.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

Nice!

Sounds like the old saddle was hitting your sciatic nerve causing the toes to go numb... definitely not good and why you really need to try out saddles to your own body. Have a buddy that is working on a startup that would allow him to send you a compression model that mounts to the seatpost, you sit and then send back to him and he makes a custom saddle. Wouldn't be cheap but with issues that most people have with finding a proper saddle it would be well worth the money.

i'm not going back from this saddle! It's been the best upgrade i've made.

In fact, we are looking at doing a bike trip in Italy and i'm going to carry my saddle with me so i'll have it in Italy.

i'm not going back from this saddle! It's been the best upgrade i've made.

In fact, we are looking at doing a bike trip in Italy and i'm going to carry my saddle with me so i'll have it in Italy.
Make sure you take careful measurements of seat height from BB center, set-back at nose, from BB center, and angle. Also a good idea to bring your pedals, too!

no I still love the saddle!

I did take the saddle with me to Italy and was glad I did. We rode about 55 miles a day and I was comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom