RLC Classifieds (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sitting in Dover, the place has been closed the last couple times I’ve been by. But the sign y the 62 says for sale ? the pig had some damage and rust of the front right fender/quarter but didn’t look to bad. The 62 didn’t look bad. But I just took a couple pics and didn’t really look em over well.
Edit: that number is disconnected.

Last edited:
Dave

That building and those cruisers belong to Ryan White.

Ahhh...thanks . so the sign says for sale.. are they actually for sale ? I’ve got a buddy possibly interested in the pig

Last I talked to him he was thinking about selling the 62. I’ll reach out to him and find out about the pig

Thank you... sorry for assuming both were for sale, that sign beside them is a little misleading. :)
I’ll pull the pics assuming they aren’t currently for sale

Last edited:
Thank you... sorry for assuming both were for sale, that sign beside them is a little misleading. :)
I’ll pull the pics assuming they aren’t currently for sale

I sent him a message but I haven’t heard back. I drove by there today headed north and I agree, the sign makes it seem like everything parked over there is for sale. Maybe he’ll message me back and we can get to the bottom of it.

18” Lexus LX wheels. Removed from my 100 to go back to the correct Toyota wheel. These have normal wear and tear for their age. Center caps included. No lug nuts. $100
113B9472-2B59-4335-9C94-4DD7A02B65C1.jpeg
A65DE860-BF47-4F7A-881E-E9474A4DC5D8.jpeg
FD2D8F00-09A5-4EA1-B4B6-5CAB6B81DAE4.jpeg

Subbed

Looking for a fairly cheap set of 6 lug 16” factory wheels for my 02 tundra. When I bought it the PO had a set of aftermarket wheels on it but I’d rather have factory wheels Thanks, Dave

Hi all, I'm thinking about selling my 78 FJ40, just wanting something more modern, like a late model Tundra. Just curious as to what price to ask. I see them on Autotrader for upwards of $40,000. Mine isn't show room quality, but it is 1 owner, and in pretty good shape. I would consider trading for a nice late model Tundra.

Having owned several pretty clean 40,s and regretting selling at least a couple of them I feel that Obviously it all depends on condition..can you add some pics and specifics on it ?
A clean 40 can bring decent money but in this area I personally 40k is pretty unrealistic unless it’s showroom clean with a flawless history

Oh no, I didn't even consider asking 40K for mine. As, I said, it isn't show room quality. Also, I'm sure I would probably regret selling it. It is the first vehicle I ever bought brand new, and I'm pretty attached to it. I want A/C in my truck, but not sure I want to go the Vintage Air route because it changes the heat to electric. That, and I can't afford it anyway.
20181125_072508.jpg

20181125_072453.jpg

20181125_072525.jpg

Keep the 40. Get a Corolla or Camry to DD around in. Toyota trucks hold their value too long (a blessing if you own one, a curse if you are looking for a cheap one).

X2 what josh said. I ran a 2001 corolla for a daily driver for a bunch of years , then gave it to my son in law and it’s still going strong at 250k. I got 40 mpg with AC and they are dirt cheap and you dont worry about parking lot dings and minor dents. Now that I’m not driving near as much I am DD a 02 tundra and love it. Believe me you will regret selling your 40 and will never be able to replace it with one that clean.. they are getting hard to find one in rust free unmolested condition. But if you are determined to sell it, you should check out the MUD 40 series classifieds to see what comparable vehicles are going for.
Hope you can find a way to keep it , I can’t see my self without a cruiser

I know, I get it. I have a Mazda Protégé 5 that I drive most of the time, but my Cruiser is the only thing I have capable of pulling a trailer. I will be 64 this month, and I guess I'm getting soft. I drove my 40 everyday to work back in 1980, one of the hottest summers I have ever been through, now I hate to get it out of my shop building in hot weather. Thanks for your input, guys.

Paul, I hear ya man, I’m about your age and remember when I could manually R&R a 40 top by my self. No way I could do it now without a winch or something .
I went to a 60 after selling my 40 , it drove and rode so much better and had AC and room for gear and such. As much as I liked my 40’s I loved my 60. It was still cruiser simple and tough ,since you have a econo box to drive maybe a 60 series might be a option, but finding a really clean one is tough now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom