Riverrock Green with black bumpers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a little guidance, nudge or a simple don’t do it. I’ve got a Riverrock Green LC that has some clearcoat failure on the front and rear bumpers and some chipped paint/faded trim on the side moldings. I’ve been contemplating painting the bumper covers and moldings black, similar to the base Land Cruisers we see in overseas markets. Of course, the difference is, the typical overseas LC is white with black moldings. What do ya’ll think? How will it look? I know there are plenty of Land Cruisers with black aftermarket armor that looks great. But do you think the factory bumpers may look too bulky and funky looking painted out black?

If anybody is interested in photoshopping the bumpers and trim black, I’d would be grateful…

IMG_0822.JPG

I am in the same boat as you. But I have been wrestling with doing the bumpers and everything below the molding in a black bed liner paint. I think that may make it look more uniform as it would seem to be a straight line from the bumpers across the body.

Don't do it. If you do, don't do black....match the wheels (dark grey from what I can tell). You might get away with plasdip first which is less permanent.

It will look like you just replaced the front and rear bumpers from damage and didn't paint them.

You need to wheel it harder, give those bumpers some cuts and bruises, then wear them proudly.

That’s the reason I asked. Just didn’t think it would look good. Thanks for the input.

What color are the wheels?

I think trucks with factory black bumpers on a non black truck look cheap or is a red flag...

DS - The green looks really good. Respray in that factory color.

Not riverrock green but gives you an idea. I removed the us spec factory moulding and added 105 side mouldings.

View attachment 1549571

I like that look. Questions:
  1. How / where did you get the side moldings?
  2. Any issue in fitting the new moldings to your 100? I did see another post of yours when you had removed the original moldings and cleaned up the underlying panel.
  3. What year is your 100?
  4. What about the front & rear bumpers?
I appreciate any help. I have an 02 white 100 that I bought new. It never had a rack, running boards, etc. and I’ve always preferred the more simple look (ie I’d buy the GX 200 if sold here).

Here's what mine looked like with the sides plasti dipped as well. I have since added front and rear bumpers.

IMG_0987.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom