rising sun argentine pass trail cleanup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Threads
well, another sunday of wheeling...this time with no damage :)
we recently added argentine pass to our adopt a trail program...here are some pics. sadly, the first real trash we found was a cut up cruiser frame. treeroot found that, making him the winner with the biggest amount of trash.
1.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg

some more pics. the mine is part of the santiago mine...still in incredible shape for it's age.
16.jpg
17.jpg
23.jpg

Nice to see you guys cleaning up. certainly there's not nearly enough of that going on.

Where is this in Co I'm not familiar?

west end of georgetown south side of i-70. there's actually a lot of adopt a trail programs, but they never get attention, which i don't think helps our cause. seems only the negative is news.

now, i ask everyone for a moment of silence for the cruiser frame that treeroot found....

:'(.........

Sniff...

That's a neat area. I'll have to add to my list of places near the FR. I just read an article here in GJ about restricting vehiclular use more to the point of almost none :mad: It was talking mostly about OHV's but, its the writing on the wall. FWIW.

Nice job all the same. keep it up!

Didnt even notice this one, thanks Ige. It was fun to have the forest service riding along with us. Last year they were able to write a couple of tickets to some atv's. that had driven of trail right in front of us(the very one we just closed that morning). It was good to hear that the forest service had such nice things to say about our club, good job guys :cheers: . The Santiago mine started operation around 1910, I gues it ended operation sometime in the 1970's.. Mined for silver. Here are some pics.... the forest service giving us a safety meeting, Bill Morgan on the lower part of the trail(it follows the railrode grade for most of the trail). And lunch at the Santiago mine.
argentine pass road clean up 62605 022A.jpg
argentine pass road clean up 62605 007A.jpg
argentine pass road clean up 62605 026A.jpg

A few more. Some of the wildflowers that were starting to bloom, Treeroot exiting one of the lower creek crosings. And looking out of the Santiago mine.
argentine pass road clean up 62605 047A.jpg
argentine pass road clean up 62605 033A.jpg
argentine pass road clean up 62605 057A.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom