RIP My 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone know of any good paying metal scrap yards in AZ?

I like ez metals on 19th and broadway. that's where I take all my stuff. I just blew a hole in the side of my motor, so I'm taking a good chunk of my truck to the scrap yard. Prices for scrap now are pretty high.

:bang: The same thing happened to me in my work truck. I was told when it gets hot and the battery fluid is low, this happens. Mine blew up when I tried to start it. Needless to say I had to change my shorts. Glad to hear you're ok. Could have been a lot worse. As posted earlier, the truck can be replaced.

Off to Tony's...
Runner.jpg
Runner1.jpg

Awesome man! Much appreciated... Cant wait to get started on it. Thanks again for pointing out the issue with the steering box.

The whole truck was scary when I got it LOL. Cant wait to get the 81'....im ecstatic!

Have seen a couple like that. I always push the box as far forward as possible, never know, may want to move the axle forward someday?

My wife said to say thank you. Oh, and the steering's much nicer now too...

~~~
This was the same case with Loren's 85 4 Runner which I just had here, while plating the frame I made new frame sleeves that were 1" .250 wall DOM, instead of the 5/8's almost no wall seamed shock bushings that I cut out. :eek:
~~~

Took the new project for a ride Saturday night around the block...

Items left are...

Exhaust
Front bumper
Sliders
Front shock hoops and rear hoop
Aluminum dash

Since the muffler shop I go to wasnt open I decided to rewire the engine harness. Everything soldered, heat shrunk, loomed and fresh 3M electical tape.

Cool! Its good to see it coming around. please keep us posted and looking forward to more pictures...

Thanks. Will do.

Pretty much everything done now...just going over the little things. Passed emissions Saturday with flying colors. Will try and take some progress pics today. Saturday morning should be the maiden voyage out at Table Mesa.
untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Watcha runnin? I need to take Elmo for a walk...

Hey, stop trying to turn your parts thread, that we turned into a run thread, back into a parts thread...:D

I'll be @ Tony's around 8A, Table Mesa shortly thereafter...

I wish I would have known you guys were going to go...I didnt because my neighbor ended up bailing and I didnt want to go alone.

New project is coming along finally. Truck had its maiden voyage to Lower Terminator last week and did amazing. Started some exterior work this week. Wetsanding and final tweaks this week, and hopefully I can take it out again Saturday night...(Sorry about the crappy pics)
81'.jpg
Front.jpg
Side.jpg

Rear shot
Rear.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom