Rim and Tires for stock FJ60 '85 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for suggestions for the max tire size and good rims for a stock FJ60. Help THX

33" tall tires by 8.5 inch wide tires are pretty much the max on stock tires on a stock truck.

:beer:

I've ran 33 9.5 with no rubbing at all. No lift. So do a couple others on here. Even with broken springs up front the 33 9.5 worked to drive my '88 home. An 8.5 wide tire that tall would look retarded, and who even makes em? You could probably go 34 9.5 if you can find a tire that size. Theres a thread on here from a while back where the guy put 35 12.5 on stock rims with no lift. The 33 9.5 look great on an unlifted wagon too, much better than 31 10.5 imho.

tires for stockers

With good springs my stock 62 had no trouble with33x10.50 BFG M/T. The 62 has 4.10s compared to the 3.70 in a 60. I had stock rims. They looked terrible, as if some invisable creature was sitting on my 62. 31x10.50 seems to be the magic number for a stocker. However, the 33s were a good modivator for getting the lift.

I'm sorry. I meant 9.5.

I thought that it was rule of thumb that 10.5 is too wide for the narrow stock rims?

:beer:

nope perfectly fine i run 10.5 with no issues at all. People run 12.5 with no issues, but I wouldnt do it. If you get really detailed with it then you are supposed to run 10" wide rims with a 12.5 tire and how many people actually do that?

I tried the 33's but w/o lift it's iffy IMHO, I settled on 31x10.50 and am very happy with them on my stocker.

re: 31" vs. 33" vs. stock rim

BFG says 7" to 9" rims for 10.5" with tires, but everybody puts 10.5's on the stock rim. If you keep them inflated high, say 35-40 lbs, you'll have more wear in the center of the tread over time. With 31's you can run them with less air, say 26 to 30 lbs, which evens out the wear a little, but 33's run that low have a lot of sidewall flex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom