Right turn and the light comes on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m new to the forum and a new owner of 1997 series 80. We have an interesting problem with the center dome light and the door locks. When we make a right turn the the dome will flicker on and the door locks will open. I know it is a short but where do I look?

I had this problem not too long ago. It could be a simple fix, check the tightness and adjustment of your door latches on the B pillars

Probably not a short, just a bad adjustment on the door latch hoop. Mark the hoop and door frame location so you have a reference, loosen the hoop, then snug the screws so that its not floppy. Tap the hoop in toward the center of the rig a 1/16 of an inch with a plastic hammer or a chunk of board. Tighten the screws and try the door. Repeat until the door latches securely.

Also the lights will come on when I hit the seat adjust switches when the dome light is in the door setting

I don't know about you, but my paw doesn't fit between the seat and the door without wedging it in the gap. What happens if you push out against the closed door?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom