Right front lug studs sheared off lost tire (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered from cruiser outfitters this morning and we were discussing that change. I’m gonna call back to verify I got the right ones, thanks.

According to Jason at cruiser outfitters there is a part number change that occurred on 5/95. My truck is a 4/95 and calls for the shank style or washer style as he mentioned it. Said it was for a hub centric alloy wheel. My wheel does not have a taper in the wheel bore for the acorn style lug per my recent memory while cleaning off the wheel to inspect the bore. The lug bores where completely clean, no damage noted. Unfortunately the rig was left a the cabin property and I can’t pull out one of the others and check.

According to Jason at cruiser outfitters there is a part number change that occurred on 5/95. My truck is a 4/95 and calls for the shank style or washer style as he mentioned it. Said it was for a hub centric alloy wheel. My wheel does not have a taper in the wheel bore for the acorn style lug per my recent memory while cleaning off the wheel to inspect the bore. The lug bores where completely clean, no damage noted. Unfortunately the rig was left a the cabin property and I can’t pull out one of the others and check.
Unfortunately, you could have either or both. Like mine, the PO changed things and had no idea they changed.

I lost a left front tire a few years ago about 15 miles after getting the tires rotated and balanced at the discount shop. No prior notice at all, was just driving down the road (50 mph) and then bam like we hit a pothole and never came out of it. Truck handled perfect drove about a hundred yards till we got to a place we can pull off the road safely (traffic). The 35-in tire crossed five Lanes of traffic missed 4 cars but took out of couple mailboxes enrolled about another 200 yards down the road before it flopped to a stop. I didn't lose any studs though. I was able to pull a lug nut off of the other three tires and a coupke off of the spare mount. Straightened up the dust shield from home. Rotor was trashed I had a pretty good gouge in the wheel, I really didn't trust after that.
I was checking lug nuts and your bottom buckle studs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom