Right front Aisin hub is wrench turn only and likely not engaging. (FJ62) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The hub dial has to be installed in the correct notches in the hub body. One has more area machined out as there is a tab on the dial assembly that will interfere in any other position. And it will not lock if it is assembled wrong.

View attachment 2813512
This is exactly what I was talking about.

I helped a guy in Moab years ago who couldn’t get his 60 in 4 wheel drive. He had his knuckles serviced at the dealer recently and they reassembled it wrong.

Then there's the idiots on youtube using a hammer on the outside of the hub to egg the hub so the cone washers come out. Those hubs are amazingly simple. A word to the wise - do not pack them heavy with grease....they won't engage if you do.

Then there's the idiots on youtube using a hammer on the outside of the hub to egg the hub so the cone washers come out. Those hubs are amazingly simple. A word to the wise - do not pack them heavy with grease....they won't engage if you do.
I’m still waiting on a used hub to arrive and then I’ll asses the state of it. Likely will need some light cleaning and regreasing.

Ok, got a used hub in the mail today and I took off the new hub switch and tried to seat it to my existing hub and it's not seating. I can get the large gear teeth to lock in but the inner gear ring won't sit. Is there a trick for hub switch mounting?

Haha some times it's the only way to get them loose. If the po has bent the hub doing it in the past.

I think the original hub wasn’t liking the clutch from the replacement, so after swapping the old clutch on the new hub switch, I was able to get it to fit flush and function well.

This video helped a lot

image.jpg
This was the culprit of the hard to turn old hub, one new pawl and it’ll be good to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom