Rigd Ultraswing on LX470 bumper hitch mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone considered a Rigd Ultraswing wheel holder on an LX470, with the swing-out feature, using the stock hitch mount in the bumper? I saw 1 post where someone mounted one, but couldn't open the gate, but it looked to be mounted without the swingout. It offers all the features I want, including the table, and most importantly, the bike rack that also swings out with the wheel.

IMG_3028_2_2000x.jpg

Nice!

For the budget minded:

Last edited:
That's actually perfect - I am afraid there will be an issue with clearance for the tail gate on the Rigd. Making anymore?

Thanks! But I would think the shipping weight would be a deal killer. The metal, hinge, and latch only totaled about 225$.

Having finished mine, I’m now thinking of taking it apart and incorporating parts of it into a rear bumper build I’ve been considering. The construction of my swing out is very simple- I’ll bet you could find a fabricator locally who could make you one? Got to be a welder at Jay peak (is that still open?) that could do it.

but why?

a 285/75r16 will fit underneath. If you're wheeling it, you'll already be dragging the factory hitch on pretty much everything... this will just make it even worse

I understand if you need a bike rack swing out, but just to bolt your spare on? I don't get it.

but why?

a 285/75r16 will fit underneath. If you're wheeling it, you'll already be dragging the factory hitch on pretty much everything... this will just make it even worse

I understand if you need a bike rack swing out, but just to bolt your spare on? I don't get it.
A 315/75/16 won’t fit under the truck. I currently have it mounted inside the rear cargo area. I dropped my frame mounted hitch long ago so I don’t scrape when wheeling. I got this hitch swing out In hopes that it would fit in the higher mounting location. This post was just confirming what someone else asked a while ago about it it would fit. Not sure why you would want to run one of these if your only running 33’s though?

For what it's worth (maybe nothing if you only run 33's) I ultimately decided to go with a full bumper kit and will be selling my tire carrier. I carried my spare from Denver to Moab on it with nary a wiggle, rattle, or other unforeseen consequence, The spare is tucked behind the body lines, so limited impact on slipstream drag, and the tailgate opens all the way. I'll post it in the classifieds this weekend when I have a chance to take some pictures of the finished piece.

For what it's worth (maybe nothing if you only run 33's) I ultimately decided to go with a full bumper kit and will be selling my tire carrier. I carried my spare from Denver to Moab on it with nary a wiggle, rattle, or other unforeseen consequence, The spare is tucked behind the body lines, so limited impact on slipstream drag, and the tailgate opens all the way. I'll post it in the classifieds this weekend when I have a chance to take some pictures of the finished piece.
I think I’ll end up going that route eventually. Really a hitch mounted carrier is just a band aid fix. What kit did you go with?

I think I’ll end up going that route eventually. Really a hitch mounted carrier is just a band aid fix. What kit did you go with?
4x4 Labs. I like the lines and the side protection. I bought 2 swing arms, but will probably only run them on trips to keep the daily Driver weight down and minimize hassle. I'm wrapping up a custom bumper project on my son's 4runner, and will start my build next. I'm very dependent on being able to tow a trailer, so can't afford too much downtime. It'll be an interesting couple of weeks.

4x4 Labs. I like the lines and the side protection. I bought 2 swing arms, but will probably only run them on trips to keep the daily Driver weight down and minimize hassle. I'm wrapping up a custom bumper project on my son's 4runner, and will start my build next. I'm very dependent on being able to tow a trailer, so can't afford too much downtime. It'll be an interesting couple of weeks.
That’s what I like about the 4x4 labs bumper. I’ll probably go the same route eventually. Sounds like you’ve got your hands full. Good luck with the build process.

how much does that rigid swing weigh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom