Rig Running Perfect (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well...with 110k on the clock, just replaced all rad/heat hoses (incl. PHH), thermostat, full cooling system flush/fill with Toyota red, new brake M/C, and muffler on the wifes LX.

At this point, it has to be running good.

I have no more money to throw at it.;)

My Land Cruiser needs a water pump I think. Otherwise, running good at 110k as well.

:beer:
Running Perfect

Recently I happily paid Mr.T nearly 500 bones for a 90k service including the 4x4 service. They gave me the "cleanest bill of health" they had ever seen.

They probably tell that to all the 80 owners.:rolleyes:

165k and running perfectly.

Had the HG replaced at 160k as PM, good thing because after pulling it it was clear that it wasn't far from going.

I had the radiator replaced at the same time. I went in a very nasty mud hole about a year ago and amazingly the radiator continued to function until recently, finally being replaced due to a crack. Once pulling it you could see just how much mud was still in it. We weighed it to compare it to the new one, 75lbs worth of mud caked into it. I was impressed that it functioned normally for as long as it did in that state.

03-03-07 03:47 PM
Keep

I had the radiator replaced at the same time. I went in a very nasty mud hole about a year ago and amazingly the radiator continued to function until recently, finally being replaced due to a crack. Once pulling it you could see just how much mud was still in it. We weighed it to compare it to the new one, 75lbs worth of mud caked into it. I was impressed that it functioned normally for as long as it did in that state.

Of course, that 75 pounds wasn't just external mud/sludge. There's an accumulation of crap (H/G fuzz, for instance, as well as other gasket materials, possibly even degraded rubber from the hoses, etc.) that coagulates/congeals, in the bottom tank, on the inner walls of the tubes of your old rad. That's one of the big reasons to go out and install a new rad of your choice at some point.

And yet another reason to give the fins a good washing every spring and fall. Think of it this way...the stuff that you wash off the paint (everyone exept Dan, the Avocado Man), also goes into that big hole in the front of the vehicle. The fins can see serious reductions in airflow and heat transfer efficiency due to build up of crud. (There's a thread, I think IDDoug wrote up using a full spray bottle of Mean Green to clean 'er up)

Good on ya for a nice runnin' rig! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom