rig pulls left while braking.... hub loose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Front Hub? Rear Hub?

The front ones should spin freely with the hubs unlocked.

The rear ones should not spin freely with the transmission/transfer case not in neutral, or else you won't be going anywhere. More information please?

Rocky

When was the last time the brakes were adjusted?

I would think that unless the vehicle is pulling left while in motion, the warn wouldn't have much to do with the braking of the truck. I would inspect your factory 34 year old drums, cylinders, and shoes, and if they're good, I'd try adjusting the brakes and then see if the problem remains.

considering you have a drum front end and it pulls under brakes, i'd be inclined to make sure your drums are adjusted properly first...

I had the same probelm. Check your steering arms!! :eek: One of mine were loose and moved when I braked with the original drum brakes!! Mine pulled to the left (really bad way to pull here in the US). My USDS steering arm was loose and allowing the knuckle to flop out to the left and cause the steering pull.

Pretty dangerous stuff. Glad I found it after beating my head against the wall trying to figure out my drum brakes, then deciding to do the MAF disc conversion (which I love BTW), and starting on the PASSENGER side that didn't have a loose steering arm. So, I had half the kit installed when I figured out I really didn't need to convert to disk brakes due to the pulling..... :eek: :crybaby: :rolleyes:

You don't have to say it... I did feel like an idiot at the time. But I don't regret the MAF disc conversion. Has worked very well all this time.

Good luck!!

Jody.

Are your knuckles leaking at all? Maybe you got grease on the non-pulling side.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom