Rig of Mortis goes under the knife. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.dudeman.ca
I'm cleaning up my 1983 BJ60 with fresh doors, replaced rocker panels, clean fenders and rusted metal replacement.

BUT ...before I begin to post progress photos, I must share a link with you. Earlier this spring, I (the 50 second mark "the dirty mechanic on the right") made a cameo in a music video along with the Rig of Mortis (the 1:30 second mark) and I've just received the video link from the director.

YouTube - ‪Trouble Andrew - Oh No (OFFICIAL VIDEO)‬‏

Here is a quick slideshow of the immediate progress so far.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Here are the rocker panels I had made up. They are made from 18 gauge galvanized steel. I found a guy with a 12' CNC metal brake (sweet indeed). The bottom bend is to be trimmed off.

IMG_0562LR.jpg

I made them 60" but I only needed 53".
IMG_0560LR.jpg

IMG_0561LR.jpg

I like that song, too...

WOW look at those bends!!! I have heard of CNC brakes, but never seen one. Some day, I will have a shop and have all the metal tools to make my own parts.

My rocker panel was crunched by a local who was bird brained not to look before she cut across the road at a 45 degee angle. Cut right into the side of my truck and then lied to ICBC she had a witness to the accident "she was alone". ICBC paid me, but it was under 150.00 considering the value of my truck. So I was out 150 bucks for a 2,000 dollar job.

The job the body shop did was perfect. But now, I want to do my own body work to repair my fenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom