Riddle me This Lights???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hooking up new gauges and new turn signals any ideas of what might cause this ????

Lights on
Meter Lights on
Turn Signals work
Gauges work

No Brake lights
No Emergency Flasher

Then 2 seconds later

No lights
No meter lights

Brakes lights work
Emergency Flasher works
Turn Signals Work
Gauges work

Wiring is Crazy :bang:

Side question with the after market oil gauge were does the original oil sending unit wire run to ?I have a new mechanical gauge hooked up with the T fitting The gauge does not have a place to plug it in?

Thanks~

LEDs have too much resistance to make regular turn signal flashers work right, but I don't think that is your only problem. The '77 switch is wired for seperate brake and turn signal bulbs. If the tailights are the older, round single 1157 style bulb, that would mess you up. Otherwise, check your grounds for good continuity. A ground problem makes all kinds of weird stuff happen.

flashers

Yeah the old clunky clunk flashers need good current flow to heat em up so the work & LEDs wont draw enough---you can get load resistors to do that and wire them into the circuit ---ask at any parts store

you could probably get an electronic replacement flasher but some people have had tricky times with those

if you can rule out the LEDs by temp hooking up the old lights and seeing what happens

run ground wires from the case of the marker lights to the chassis--- I saw all kinda weird stuff as said when I was temp installing my lights but I ran ground wires to bolts against clean body metal and all worked fine otherwise make sure the lights have good metal to metal contact with the body and you should be good

check your fuses and fuse holders too had a spot of trouble till I cleaned up both with some emery---just years of dirt and dust and stuff

Tried this~

Un plugged the led turn signals, I keep blowing fuses #1 location 20 amp. Everything works but head lights??? How do I wire this reducer thing for the led turn signals?? I am I not grounding something right???

It started up after 3 years which was AWESOME!!! Power steering works no other leaks. Just Wire issues!!!!!!!!!!!!

So close to being on the road.:confused:

You may have a wiring short in the headlamp circut. Check for pinched or rubbed through wiring, especially near the dimmer switch, light switch, or headlamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom