SOLD Richmond VA: 1999 Lexus LX470/166,273 Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
  2. LX470
Mileage
*PENDING SALE*

Year: 1999
Model: LX470
Mileage: 166,273
Accidents: None to my knowledge (Autocheck shows none as well)
Title: Clear and in hand.
Price: $9000
Additional Pictures (forum wont let me add but 5 pictures): Facebook Marketplace Listing

Up for sale is a 1999 Lexus LX470 in Riverock Green Mica (Dark Gray in appearance). I bought this from another local ih8mud member last year as a fun dependable vehicle that I was hoping to use for family adventures. However, with everything happening in 2020, those adventure plans have not come to fruition. The mileage is low on this vehicle for the year and if you’re looking for a solid vehicle for the years to come this is for you. If you’re looking for a garage kept beauty queen, this is not for you and you should continue your search.

The previous owner did a lot of baselining during his years of ownership. I have only had to do some minor mechanical maintenance as a result. I have notated maintenance history below. The car recently had a state inspection (9/2021) and the only major part that needed replacing was the lower ball joints (which was completed by a local Landcruiser mechanic). I’ve notated this in the maintenance history. Timing Belt/water pump was done by the previous owner on 2/27/2017 at 147,798 Miles. Tires were just put on last year and have at least 80% life left on them.

I’ve tried to include as many pictures and information as possible to limit the number of questions and to not waste your time or mine. If you don’t like the price, then feel free to make me an offer versus making unnecessary or rude comments.

Previous Owner/Location history: Vehicle was in NY from 1999-2003 according to Autocheck. Vehicle has been in VA from 2003 - 2020 according to Autocheck

AHC: Functional. Goes from Neutral to Hi. Neutral to Low. Rides a bit stiff for me personally on the middle suspension settings.

Rust: Please see pictures or come see the vehicle in person. I personally think it’s in great condition for a 20 year old, east coast vehicle. But depending on where you’re from you may have a differing opinion.

Recent Maintenance under my ownership:

Oct 2020 - New Diehard Gold battery.

Sept 2020 - VA State Inspection completed. Parking Brake complete rebuild with Toyota OEM parts. Horn wiring repaired to address horn not functioning. Lower ball joints replaced. Driver side front wheel speed sensors replaced with Toyota OEM. All completed by the local Landcruiser specialty mechanic.

Jun 2020 - Oil Change using Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic. Genuine Toyota Oil Filter. Tightened valve cover bolts to factory spec.

May 2020 - Replaced Cylinder 1 and Cylinder 6 coil packs with OEM parts.

Feb 2020 - Sunroof drain lines cleared and sunroof has been sealed with RTV Gasket to ensure no leaks

January 2020 - Rear Brake Pads replaced. New rear brake caliper pins and rubber boots. Greased driveshaft and u-joints. Oil change using Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic, Genuine Toyota Oil Filter.

December 2019 - Both front O2 sensors replaced with OEM replacements. Brand new Yokohama Geolandar G015’s put on all four wheels. Road force balanced with a front end alignment as well.

Maintenance by previous owner:

1. Timing Belt/Water Pump/Valve Cover Gaskets - 2/2017 at 147,718 Miles
  2. New Alternator
  3. New Tensioner
  4. New AC Compressor
  5. New Heater T Fittings
  6. New Toyota Spark Plugs
  7. New Lexus Corner Lens
  8. Doug Thorley Catback Exhaust
  9. New Driver’s side bottom seat (color is slightly off - see pictures)

Modifications:

1. I installed a Fumoto Oil Valve 103N with Lever Lock for convenient oil changes
  2. Previous owner installed Doug Thorley Catback Exhaust
  3. Previous owner installed brush guard

Add-ons included:

1. 18” Tundra wheels (previous owner had these on, but I felt the ride was too rough compared to the stock 16” wheels). Tire shop said one of the 18” wheels might be out of spec.
  2. 3rd Row Seats (remind me to grab these for you)
  3. Genuine Toyota Oil Filter
  4. Touchup paint

Disclosures (I don’t want to waste your time or mine):

1. Clearcoat on the hood and roof are fading
  2. The infamous D light on cluster gauge is out
  3. Antenna motor works, but the antenna does not go down
  4. 2nd row carpet has heavy wear in one spot.
  5. Windshield makes a creaking noise sometimes over bumps in cold temperatures.
  6. Tilt Motor on steering wheel does not work
  7. Driveshaft probably needs to be regreased as there is a slight clunk (haven’t regreased in a year)
  8. Sunroof is sealed so it doesn’t work. You can remove the RTV Gasket and replace it if you want.
  9. Unable to shift into 4Lo (read that if it isn’t used for a long time on ih8mud forums, the shifter may need lubrication). It is by default in 4Hi which is standard for these vehicles.

1.JPG

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:
*PENDING SALE*

Year: 1999
Model: LX470
Mileage: 166,273
Accidents: None to my knowledge (Autocheck shows none as well)
Title: Clear and in hand.
Price: $9000
Additional Pictures (forum wont let me add but 5 pictures): Facebook Marketplace Listing

Up for sale is a 1999 Lexus LX470 in Riverock Green Mica (Dark Gray in appearance). I bought this from another local ih8mud member last year as a fun dependable vehicle that I was hoping to use for family adventures. However, with everything happening in 2020, those adventure plans have not come to fruition. The mileage is low on this vehicle for the year and if you’re looking for a solid vehicle for the years to come this is for you. If you’re looking for a garage kept beauty queen, this is not for you and you should continue your search.

The previous owner did a lot of baselining during his years of ownership. I have only had to do some minor mechanical maintenance as a result. I have notated maintenance history below. The car recently had a state inspection (9/2021) and the only major part that needed replacing was the lower ball joints (which was completed by a local Landcruiser mechanic). I’ve notated this in the maintenance history. Timing Belt/water pump was done by the previous owner on 2/27/2017 at 147,798 Miles. Tires were just put on last year and have at least 80% life left on them.

I’ve tried to include as many pictures and information as possible to limit the number of questions and to not waste your time or mine. If you don’t like the price, then feel free to make me an offer versus making unnecessary or rude comments.

Previous Owner/Location history: Vehicle was in NY from 1999-2003 according to Autocheck. Vehicle has been in VA from 2003 - 2020 according to Autocheck

AHC: Functional. Goes from Neutral to Hi. Neutral to Low. Rides a bit stiff for me personally on the middle suspension settings.

Rust: Please see pictures or come see the vehicle in person. I personally think it’s in great condition for a 20 year old, east coast vehicle. But depending on where you’re from you may have a differing opinion.

Recent Maintenance under my ownership:

Oct 2020 - New Diehard Gold battery.

Sept 2020 - VA State Inspection completed. Parking Brake complete rebuild with Toyota OEM parts. Horn wiring repaired to address horn not functioning. Lower ball joints replaced. Driver side front wheel speed sensors replaced with Toyota OEM. All completed by the local Landcruiser specialty mechanic.

Jun 2020 - Oil Change using Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic. Genuine Toyota Oil Filter. Tightened valve cover bolts to factory spec.

May 2020 - Replaced Cylinder 1 and Cylinder 6 coil packs with OEM parts.

Feb 2020 - Sunroof drain lines cleared and sunroof has been sealed with RTV Gasket to ensure no leaks

January 2020 - Rear Brake Pads replaced. New rear brake caliper pins and rubber boots. Greased driveshaft and u-joints. Oil change using Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic, Genuine Toyota Oil Filter.

December 2019 - Both front O2 sensors replaced with OEM replacements. Brand new Yokohama Geolandar G015’s put on all four wheels. Road force balanced with a front end alignment as well.

Maintenance by previous owner:

1. Timing Belt/Water Pump/Valve Cover Gaskets - 2/2017 at 147,718 Miles
  2. New Alternator
  3. New Tensioner
  4. New AC Compressor
  5. New Heater T Fittings
  6. New Toyota Spark Plugs
  7. New Lexus Corner Lens
  8. Doug Thorley Catback Exhaust
  9. New Driver’s side bottom seat (color is slightly off - see pictures)

Modifications:

1. I installed a Fumoto Oil Valve 103N with Lever Lock for convenient oil changes
  2. Previous owner installed Doug Thorley Catback Exhaust
  3. Previous owner installed brush guard

Add-ons included:

1. 18” Tundra wheels (previous owner had these on, but I felt the ride was too rough compared to the stock 16” wheels). Tire shop said one of the 18” wheels might be out of spec.
  2. 3rd Row Seats (remind me to grab these for you)
  3. Genuine Toyota Oil Filter
  4. Touchup paint

Disclosures (I don’t want to waste your time or mine):

1. Clearcoat on the hood and roof are fading
  2. The infamous D light on cluster gauge is out
  3. Antenna motor works, but the antenna does not go down
  4. 2nd row carpet has heavy wear in one spot.
  5. Windshield makes a creaking noise sometimes over bumps in cold temperatures.
  6. Tilt Motor on steering wheel does not work
  7. Driveshaft probably needs to be regreased as there is a slight clunk (haven’t regreased in a year)
  8. Sunroof is sealed so it doesn’t work. You can remove the RTV Gasket and replace it if you want.
  9. Unable to shift into 4Lo (read that if it isn’t used for a long time on ih8mud forums, the shifter may need lubrication). It is by default in 4Hi which is standard for these vehicles.

View attachment 2479720

View attachment 2479721

View attachment 2479722

View attachment 2479723

View attachment 2479725
I have a friend in Richmond with a FJ62. Who is your local Land Cruiser Mechanic I can refer them to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom