RHINO's New Rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok lets see,, (cracking knuckles),,,,in the back 40 of a small junkyard in my town sat a clean looking 55 i just happened to stumble on. it had blown the engine at some point in its life and the owner let it go. i tried to contain my excitement as i approached the owner of the yard about it, asked about some parts first then i said "what about the whole thing?". its been a little over a year since that day, and a couple weeks ago i finally brought it home, now that i have two i had to name them, what did my ever creative mind come up with? 75 and 76. the 75 has been my trustworthy means of escaping the sprawl and congestion of the city to get out and satisfy my yearning for a simpler time. over the last 12 wonderfull years a partnership has developed with the beast in knowing that for taking care of me and returning me safely on my all too often solo trips, i would treat 75 to the best i possibly could. many modifications have been made that make for a great off road rig, but less and less a comuter. so, at last my search is over and in finding 76 i am now on my way to a super clean and daily driveable pig again. the same bond will eventually develope and the two pigs will live in harmony happily sharing my affectionate carress from behind the wheel. as it turns out when i got 76 home and was able to fully inspect it, i saw low miles, possibly 26,000, the original spare tire is still hanging underneath and all the parts you would expect to have been replaced still look factory. the only changes this pig appears to have are a bolted on roof rack and bucket seats. it even sports the dealer optional AC. i can find no rust, anywhere. i can find no bondo or body repairs, anywhere. the worst 76 has is a sunburn from all those lonely days in the sunny arizona junkyad, the last registration is 1991. i have a perfectly happy 76 waiting to be loved. i hope i have not offended anyone with this sappy note, because i am about to offend you all when i tell you i paid a whole $700 for it.

Allright already, enough with the waxing emotional and transcendental prose. Lets see a picture! I love Junk yard rescues. Kind of like saving a great pup from the pound.

You coulda won a 4H club blue ribbon at the state fair with that piggy! :cheers:

That was a nice little essay Clay, but I don't buy it. You are going to have the pig SOA and on 35's before summer.

You can't fight it Clay, don't even try. You just not a mild-lift daily-driver kind of guy. :)

Jared

35's?? why would i downgrade to puny tires like that?? seriously, i have the trail pig now i want to make the new one what mine used to be.

Nice score! Need a 2f?

not one that needs a rebuild as i have one of those on my garage floor. i sure would like that extra carb you got from DON. and i'll take that 4 speed off your hands.

Carbbie is gone bro. I do have the old one though and the 4 speed is available whenever you're ready to com e pic her up.

That's prolly cool. I still gotta seperate it from the T-case. Give me a shout sometime on Saturday and we can discuss it. Phone #'s in PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom