SOLD Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform, Backbone, Accessories (CA, SF Bay Area) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

indycole

GOLD Star
Threads
Hey folks,

I'm selling a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform, Backbone Mounting System for the 200 Series, and a ton of accessories. Why? I recently switched out my Tepui (great tent) for a James Baroud tent that I plan on leaving on full-time. With that, I'm looking for a solution that gives me better access to the underside of the tent so I can access the mounting hardware. The Backbone System is quite robust, but does limit access to the underside of the rack.

Condition-wise, all the accessories are in great condition with many accessories being never-or-lightly used. The platform itself has taken the most abuse. It's in good shape... I'd rate it 7/10 on the newness scale. It's just over 18 months old but has lived on two vehicles and has been on many adventures. The most notable issues are 8 holes that were drilled to mount the Tepui tent and a bit of wear on the outer most rails from the eye bolt mounts.

I'm planning on taking pictures of everything this weekend but here's a list of all the pieces. I've priced each item separately or would sell the whole lot (what's left of it) for $1200 $1000.

Pioneer Platform, 84" x 56", $420
Backbone Mounting System for Land Cruiser 200 Series, $100
Maxtrax Recovery Track Side Bracket (does not include Maxtrax pins), $40
Maxtrax Recovery Track Flat Bracket (does not include Maxtrax pins), $60
Horizontal Jerry Can Holder, $60
Eye Bolt Kit (x3), $20
Hi-Lift Jack Bracket, $40
Shovel Bracket for Combination Mount, $20
Combination Bracket to Combine Shovel and Hi-Lift, $10
Pickup Kit, $40
Multipurpose Holder / Mounting Bracket, $30
Awning Bracket, $20
Sunseeker Awning, 2.5m, $300
Luggage Bag, Half Size, $120
Heavy Duty Track Mounts for Pioneer Rack (alt mounting method to Backbone), $100

I also have some heavy duty RR mounts that would work with vehicles with a roof track. I used them to mount the platform to my previous vehicle, a GMC Yukon.

I'm hoping to put up some pictures this weekend. In the meantime, I'd suggest looking the items up on the Rhino Rack website.

Last edited:
Bump -- I've sold a couple of the accessories but these items are still available.

Backbone Mounting System for Land Cruiser 200 Series, $100
Maxtrax Recovery Track Side Bracket (does not include Maxtrax pins), $40
Maxtrax Recovery Track Flat Bracket (does not include Maxtrax pins), $60
Horizontal Jerry Can Holder, $60
Hi-Lift Jack Bracket, $40
Shovel Bracket for Combination Mount, $20
Combination Bracket to Combine Shovel and Hi-Lift, $10

A few accessories are still available...

i just bought a used 200 series. The seller put the RR Backbone on it but decided to sell it before buying the pioneer platform. I was thinking about completing the system but this review caught my eye. You said it's too difficult to get your hand underneath?

I would add the accessory crossbars to it and my two most common items would probably be a ski rack and cargo box, both of which would need to go around the bars. I'm wondering if I'd run into the same problems or if your issues were specific to the root-top-tent?

Thanks for your insight.

I think you'd be just fine if you're not running a RTT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom