Rhino Lined interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are some pics of what it looks like without a headliner and having the interior rhino lined. Not done by me, but PO. Resize of Albino Rhino 005.jpg
Resize of Albino Rhino 005.jpg

I need to somehow put a dome light back in there and make it look decent. Right now it just has a small LED light on the rear view mirror.....not enough light, plus I would like to add a dome light to the back as well.

Here is a pic of my cruiser from the outside as well as the racing seat that I am going to get rid of and replace with a regular cruiser seat. The PO did some cool stuff to this vehicle and did some other cheesy things as well.
Resize of Albino Rhino 001.jpg
Resize of Albino Rhino 008.jpg

I'm not sold on a rhino lined headliner...... But I can respect the effort it took to get that done....dammm!

To make it look better I would spray it white or cream colour. Black is too dark for me.

Nice looking cruiser. I agree the ricer seat needs to go. Get some nice Tahoe leather electric ones :)

Are those tahoe seats pretty easy to put in? That seat is ruthless at times with the lower side supports. If you do not get in the right way your tail bone is up by your throat.

If the headliner goes back in it will be nice and quiet. I don't like the look of rhino as headliner though - you could prbabaly buy some sound dampening foam that you could adhere to the whole rood - it would give it a better/brighter look and sound proofing as well - and you could run your wires under it.

Talos the previous owner had the entire interior rhino lined so I can not tell you the process or give you frame of reference to a carpeted interior. I can tell you that it makes it easy to clean up. How is Iceland I lived on the base in Keflavik back in 1999. You guys got some sweet cruisers there.

things are good as usual:), always fun to meet people that have visited our little reef up north :)

Been considering a rhino lining on my Fj-55 when I get to it, probably would be nice to have the floor on the HJ-61 lined with the stuff also, seeing as I need new carpets anyway :)

I'm prepping the floor to do mine right now. It is a PIA to get the tar-like stuff off.

has anyone done this to the floor? instead of a carpet?

I did the entire floor and up to the windows in the cargo area in my FJ55. I can probably dig up some pics if anyone is interested.

Hodag

That's insane. Looks like the interior caught on fire.

Pretty cool though.

How's the noise inside?

i saw those exact seats in a riced 240sx on craigslist

things are good as usual:), always fun to meet people that have visited our little reef up north :)

:)

AH Blue Lagoon brings back memories.... That's a sweet place to hang out.

The Tahoe seats I have never tried to install. I imagine it would take a custom mount. But I like the Tahoe seats. My buddy has a 99 with leather/heaters and all, very nice to sit in.

I had my stock seats recovered and heaters put in. Thats comfy too. But not quite as plush as the Tahoe seats.

I is not that quiet inside. Im sure if I put in some foam and a headliner then it would be pretty quiet.

I will take some more pics this week and post them. Panama is another great place to visit. I was there back in 99 when all the military was pulling out. Don't hate me because the PO did all of this. I just bought the vehicle like this. It definately is something I would not pay for myself, but I will take it the way it is. Just need to make myself a headliner and install some dome lights. Also need to put in an original seat back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom