Rhino Hide body protection panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is very cool but I will wait for the price to drop below say $500.... no more pinstripes!

Specifications
  • Designed for the Toyota LandCruiser 200 Series
  • Model run 2008 – 2015 (Original)
  • The panels are constructed out of high impact, UV and thermally stabilised ABS plastic.
  • The panels attach to the exterior of the LandCruiser through the use of rare earth neodymium magnets – some of the strongest magnets on the planet.
  • The magnets have an epoxy coating, and further silicone lining to prevent scratching to your vehicle.
  • The panels conform perfectly to the vehicle’s surface, providing unrivalled paintwork protection.
  • The whole set weighs less than 10kgs when packed away in the convenient carry bag.
  • The dimensions of the bag when packed are 1250mm x 880mm x 150mm
  • The panels are manufactured in our Rhinohide Grey shade.
  • The grey base is very easy to respray in any colour you require. It is recommended that you take the panels to a professional panel beater or spray shop to achieve he best possible finish.
  • The ABS plastic panels can also be custom wrapped with graphics or your company logo.

Rhinohide | 4x4 Paintwork Protection | Available Now | Toyota LandCruiser 200 Series - Original

John Davies
Spokane WA

Interesting........

Looks like these can be had in the US for $1200 USD: Rhino Hide 07-2015 Land Cruiser 200 US Spec

I'd love a set for the LX. What are the chances these will fit the LX body?

The bodies are basically the exact same with very little difference other than the front clip and tail lights. I can’t imagine you’d have any issues with these on you LX. After we tore apart my buddy’s LX for the front and rear bumpers and sliders we saw TOYOTA stamped everywhere on the fenders and quarter panels so I don’t think there’s much of any difference in 99% of the truck.

I have the very first set brought to America. They are pretty awesome, I too was taken aback by the price initially but when you go hands on with them you can feel the quality. They’re more of a “hard hat” level of protection and that’s what they feel like. They are not flexible magnetic stretchy panels. My set required trimming above the chrome door strips (Sahara US spec option that most of the worldwide 200’s don’t have) and I still need to trim one panel for my safari snorkel. We had best trimming success with razor blade scoring and snapping for straight lines, bends would require a jig saw or something similar. I’m told the magnets are strong enough for highway speeds (I ran them up to about 70 mph without issue) and they really do keep the truck clean from dust when you’re running them. They are spaced off your panels and allow air to flow through. I’d say they would even protect your vehicle from a gentle “flop” against an embankment or deep rut in ideal conditions. They come in a big padded bag for storage. I’ll post a pic when I get a chance of them on my LC. They are paintable if you want to color match too. It’s my understanding that ChiTown4X4 in Carol Stream IL if the first (possibly only) US dealer and the last time I was there they had a pallet of them for various Toyota’s in stock. They’re an awesome Yota shop and they’ve always treated me well...
I believe they do NOT fit the LX 570, like I said, they are not flexible and are molded to fix specific models. If you really want to wheel narrow trails worry free they are cheap insurance for sure!

Pics from last summer in Ouray CO.

ED6BA5BD-9CBD-4251-8699-AEBB96C0FDB2.jpeg

1F00F61B-524B-48D7-8CBB-B7247B5E91B0.jpeg

CC76DA58-EEAB-435A-A08A-0613B8FBECB3.jpeg

7CFCF21E-C059-4D31-A98A-D15B9277C021.jpeg

If you look closely at the pic with the sticker you can see the shadow of the tiny but mighty magnets. They collect iron ore from the dust as you go down the trails in the mountains. It also kinda shows the thickness of the plastic, these things are robust. Hope this helps you anyone that’s thinking of pulling the trigger on this mod.

I like, but the price... OUCH

Here’s a pic of how the panels keep the dust and dirt off your truck. This was taken right after I pulled them off at a gas stop on the way home to IL.

E8806660-FA30-42A5-81FE-10F56E7F82F0.jpeg

A0BF2136-7ACD-4BD6-A8C0-7558E163DA1E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom