Rheostat Wiring Question/ My FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up my old girl last August. I've recently got back from being gone for training. So I am slowly putting in a little work on her here and there. But recently I picked up LED bulbs from Amazon and got all my other dash lights (E-brake, choke, etc.) working with them. So seeing my actual gauge lights weren't working. Of course with all my extensive internet research.... I buy a new rheostat. But lucky me when I went to switch out the rheostat I realize I should have done the physical research first. But at least I may have a working spare. However this is my first real dive into some more "intense" tasks. Anything really pass fluid changes, and basic maintenance tasks. But I was curios if anyone would happen to have guidance, or possibly knowledge of which connector the green wire connects to from the rheostat. I took the dash down and tried to check with the wiring diagrams downloaded. But truthfully it leaves me a little puzzled, and there is no other solid green wire just hanging out.

Thanks in advance for any help, and I look forward to getting more into the community.
Driver.jpg
Out1.jpg
Out2.jpg
Rheostat.jpg

I think green is the hot that comes off the tail light fuse and feeds power to the dash lights and the rheostat. Looking at this schematic w-g feeds from the dash lights to the rheostat and w-b to ground. You should have a green wire in your dash lights harness that you need to connect to.

@g-man I appreciate that! I will definitely get into that and check. I just had a hard time reading the diagram and without having just a free hanging wire. I wasn't sure which harness to trace it from first. I'll get into it this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom