Rheostat/Dimmer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where i can find a Rheostat/dimmer for a 1992 FJ80 3fe mine is bad and have no dash lights currently driving at night has me worried since I cant see the guages….

Not looking to spend a fortune for this simple dimmer switch..

Any aftermarket alternative ones that would work would be fine as well

Anyone know where i can find a Rheostat/dimmer for a 1992 FJ80 3fe mine is bad and have no dash lights currently driving at night has me worried since I cant see the guages….

Not looking to spend a fortune for this simple dimmer switch..

Any aftermarket alternative ones that would work would be fine as well
Are you sure that's the problem?

Have you checked power to the gauges?
Checked all the fuses with a multimeter?

Are you sure that's the problem?

Have you checked power to the gauges?
Checked all the fuses with a multimeter?
Yes i am getting power to the dimmer and when i put 12v to my wire to the dash background lights they turn on. Also found the rheostat had come apart the circuit board was half way out the clips broke that hold it in so either way Im foing to need a replacement

I found I never used mine, that is, it is always on full, so why not remove the wires at the rear of the unit and join them together?

Regards

Dave
I thought about doing that if i cant find one for a reasonable price then that is what i will do

Placed my order you dont happen to have a driver seat non power for a 1992 or what that would fit?

I do have a set of front cloth seats from a 91-92 but they don’t have the brackets. They’d need to be recovered but good for someone who wants to lose their electrics.

I do have a set of front cloth seats from a 91-92 but they don’t have the brackets. They’d need to be recovered but good for someone who wants to lose their electrics.
Darn mine are leather and the bracket part is what im looking for mine wont recline properly anymore

Darn mine are leather and the bracket part is what im looking for mine wont recline properly anymore
I know the thread is 'drifting' but re the seat bracket, I found they can snap at the rear out of sight making the occupant sit on a slight slant? Removing the seat I drilled and bolted the two parts together with a couple of bolts, and it still reclines and work perfect.

Regards

Dave

I am referring to the seat bottom brackets that slide. The reclining pieces are intact and functional,email if interested.

I know the thread is 'drifting' but re the seat bracket, I found they can snap at the rear out of sight making the occupant sit on a slight slant? Removing the seat I drilled and bolted the two parts together with a couple of bolts, and it still reclines and work perfect.

Regards

Dave
Ill have to check that out mine reclines but the left side goes way further then it should and does cause a lean to one side. There is only one spot where it is even.. and the lever is very hard to get it to lock have to force it down to lock seat in place

They’re OEM 91-92 seats, but the brackets were sold. assuming you have OEM seats there should not be a problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom