1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHD BJ73 delete cluctch booster

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by PATHnz, May 11, 2016.

1. PATHnz

PATHnz

My 1985 RHD BJ73 (JDM) has a vacuum clutch booster, which is stuffed - master cylinder has leaked extensively through it. I got a replacement used booster from a wreckers but it doesn't fit, cleaned the stuffed booster up and have it currently installed with a new master cylinder, basically acting as a connecting rod from the clutch pedal... anyway I'm happy with the clutch feel with the non-functional booster, and am looking at a turbo install, with the 13BT manifold the turbo would be very close to the clutch fluid reservoir, so I'd like to remove the booster entirely and simply have the master cylinder directly attached to the pedal.

Has anyone done this? Can anyone advise what parts I need?

2. rckhound

rckhound

Media:
    Albums:
    Did you ever find an answer to this?

3. PATHnz

PATHnz

4. Hulsty

Hulsty

firewalls are diffrrent. using it with a broekn booster will lead to a cracked firewall. easy enough to get them fixd. mine was like 200 to be rebuilt at the local clutch joint

5. PATHnz

PATHnz

Firewall doesn't appear to flex really. I've removed my vacuum canister etc, the booster is in the way of where I want to put a turbo. Planning on removing the booster and adapting the firewall to fit another master cyl, using some sort of plate to pick up the booster mounting points and stiffen the firewall.

6. cruisedeisel

cruisedeisel Toyota's for life

The previous owner did this delete on my bj60. He looks like he installed a clutch slave from a 40 series or 80-82 60 series. It works. Unfortunelty he didn't tighten the bolts good enough and the slave ripped off the firewall as I was driving. I had to power shift my way home. Not fun in heavy traffic. Not sure if its the original push rod but I bet it is. The booster is more of a spacer and I am pretty sure it can easily be deleted.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">