RHD Air Conditioning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had a good experience with doing an aftermarket AC installation for RHD truck? Neither Vintage nor CCOT seem to offer a specific RHD kit on their web sites. I would appreciate any feedback, and ultimately a picture of your interior installation if you have one set up. Summer will be here eventually. Thanks.

Yokohama makes a perfect underdash unit for the RHD 40 called the '747'.

I had factory air con in my LX, but I've now switched to the 747 because it works a lot better.

Josh

Josh, Thanks a bunch for the reference. I must admit though, I couldn't track "Yokohama" back to anything useful enough to actually find the AC unit to which you are referring. If you stumble across a link that I could follow, please pass it on. BTW - about a year ago you helped talk me into doing the H55 conversion. It's been done for a year now, and works great. Thanks

Not trying to pimp myself out here, maybe help if needed. I may have a RHD A/C unit coming out of a 84 HJ47 troopy in the very near future.

If your interested PM me.

Matt

Of course its just absurd for someone in Florida to hear about anyone taking OUT an AC system, but then I looked at where you live... checked the weather...PM Sent. Thanks

It's coming out, but I have a LHD unit going in out of a U.S. FJ40. I sent you an email off your PM.

Matt

Checked the link on the PM. Thanks for the info. You certainly have a big project coming up! I've gotten so used to the right hand drive, it's second nature now with one exception. When I drive a normal car, I turn on the windshield wipers to change lanes. Based on the specifics of your AC system, it's probably a bit more than I'm willing to take on in terms of tracking down required parts and info. Good luck with your project though!

Checked the link on the PM. Thanks for the info. You certainly have a big project coming up! I've gotten so used to the right hand drive, it's second nature now with one exception. When I drive a normal car, I turn on the windshield wipers to change lanes. Based on the specifics of your AC system, it's probably a bit more than I'm willing to take on in terms of tracking down required parts and info. Good luck with your project though!

No problem, just thought I would throw it out there. :)

I am still curious about this thread - has anyone made any progress on an aftermarket aircon that works for a RHD 40?. I believe "Chamba" might have been referring to an OEX EVX1242 generic underdash evaporator? See page 242 of http://www.emagcloud.com/ashdown/Air_Conditioning_Catalogue/index.html#/242/

Wondering how well an EVX1242 or a slightly smaller EVX202 might go. And in particular how hard it would be to plumb the air duct behind this into the stock heater.

I certainly want to keep the window demister as it is a roadworthy item here - so removing the stock heater with a heater/evaporator unit that cannot integrate with demister is not an option.

Hi rossg.

Here is another option the hurricane ac unit from old air products.
These pics are of 1978 fj40 RHD and i live in Northern Territory so it is extremely hot up here.

Thanks Chris

DSC00168.JPG

DSC00170.JPG

DSC00167.JPG

Complete off road .com.....they are installing a vintage ac in my hj47, looks awesome, can't wait to try it out. If you check out there Web site, ask for Rich. He'll probably send you pics of my troopy, they can do and fabricate just about anything. .

Bumping an old thread, but I believe this information can be useful for RHD Land Cruisers. I have found the following options suitable for RHD Application. I have not yet purchased and installed any of them, but my inclination is towards IP-400LC or LHCE. Both types are offered with different variations, cable operated, electrical heater valve etc. Also you can opt to buy either only Inside Package or the whole deal.

1- Hurricane CAP-2000- Inside Package A/C, Heat and Defrost System Side Fittings, Cable Operated
2- Hurricane IP-400LHCE - Inside Package, A/C and Heater Unit

I hope it helps the RHD Land Cruiser Community

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom