RFI: Fast Idle for Charging, OBA and HVAC Performance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks,

Like the subject says, I am requesting information on increasing idle speed for accessory driven performance. Has there ever been a consensus on this?

I have found a few threads, like @tim.korn.99 's thread Controlling Cruise Control Module I would very much like a system like this. But I am not familiar enough with Arduino programming, on the other hand maybe this is a project I need to undertake to learn.

I have the Hand Throttle, but 7 out of the 10 times I have needed it, I have been outside the truck. And leaning under the steering wheel to push the pedal with one hand, set the hand throttle with the other, and watch the RPMs is just incredibly awkward.

A generic internet search turned up folks jumping the AC idle up signal or jumping the idle air control valve.

What I would like is a button on the left side of the dash that will just increase my RPMs 600-800 rpms or to a set 1200-1500. Something like Cummins ISX Idle Speed Control would be ideal... ISX Idle Speed Control - Cummins Engines

Anyone have any current thoughts on this?

I wish there was more detail in the thread where he develops a controller for the cruise module.

I've read through it before, but I don't have the knowledge necessary to replicate what he made based on the amount of information given.

I agree with everything you just said.

Im in the same boat, maybe we can get some knowledge into this thread.

Ugh. This is something a friend of mine was helping me program until he found full time work with a startup. a****** :p

I had been mulling this over at one point too. My thinking was that when shifted into PARK, you could feed the tachometer signal into the CC instead of the speed signal, creating an RPM controller with the existing hardware. There has to be work-arounds for nearly every other signal entering the CC computer though, so I didn't try solving this one just yet.

I am very happy with my OEM hand throttle. I push the gas pedal with my foot while I am still in the drivers seat and lock the throttle at the desired RPM to support running my Puma and my A/C and my lights while airing up in the dark. I really can't see any benefit to adding a bunch of wiring and buttons and bells and whistles and money just to do the same thing. John

I am very happy with my OEM hand throttle.
SNIP

Pretty much agree. It does everything I ask of it. But some folks like to computerize stuff. I even use them every once in awhile. But I suspect that adding computers to this part of my free time will turn out about as well as to another hobby, model RRing. Very mixed results...when I want to be sure something happens exactly how I want it to, it's still easier to train a human...:deadhorse::wrench:

I'm not a fan of the factory hand throttle at all. Mine is factory installed and I have trouble with it loosening off by itself and the idle dropping.

That and it is overpriced if you have to purchase it for a truck it didn't come with from Toyota.

I am very happy with my OEM hand throttle. I push the gas pedal with my foot while I am still in the drivers seat and lock the throttle at the desired RPM to support running my Puma and my A/C and my lights while airing up in the dark. I really can't see any benefit to adding a bunch of wiring and buttons and bells and whistles and money just to do the same thing. John

Im not disagreeing. I have and use and dont mind the Hand Throttle. It just seems like most of the time I am not in the truck, when I want to Fast Idle. So a button... Or even moving the hand throttle to the drivers left knee area. Maybe thats what I will look into also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom